What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.ipa files not opening on iPad 2

coquina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all!

I am at a loss with this issue on .ipa files not opening on an iPad. When attempting to open and .ipa file, a new screen launches in Safari with a screen representing the image attached. I am testing apps and have been able to open these files with one click in the past. That said, these apps are NOT released to the general public yet. Something has happened to my iPad over the last couple days where I can not open these files and get the screen presented below.

Does anyone have a clue what could be causing this block? For obvious reasons, I have had to block the urls and other sensitive information.

I will be forever indebted to anyone who can assist in this mind boggling issue.

ipa_download.png

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you a registered iOS Developer? The iOS Developer website has been down for about a day and a half.

OP
C

coquina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I am not registered as an iOS Developer, nor did I know there was a special site for the same. I registered just today and did a quick search for "ipa" to no avail, hence started this thread in hopes of resolving this issue I am having.

OP
C

coquina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are coming from a "testing company" I work for. Again, due to confidentiality reasons, I am not to disclose specifics during the testing process. I wish I could give more detail. :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They are coming from a "testing company" I work for. Again, due to confidentiality reasons, I am not to disclose specifics during the testing process. I wish I could give more detail. :(

I'm afraid we can't help you here. We're not associated with Apple in any way and can only offer help to members who have problems downloading apps available in the AppStore. You should contact the testing company you work for to see if they can help you work out your problems.

OP
C

coquina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you will need to go talk to your "testing company" and get support from them.

Since it was not client related, it's my own issue and I can't seem to get any support. Nonetheless, I will keep searching.

Thanks for the quick replies!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Have you tried a reset of your iPad? It may help.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

OP
C

coquina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Have you tried a reset of your iPad? It may help.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Thank you for the warm welcome and I did try the reset to no avail.

Although after jumping through many hoops, I was able to get them transferred through itunes and synced.

I appreciate everyone's quick response and input! I'll be back to see you nice folks later!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome and I did try the reset to no avail.

Although after jumping through many hoops, I was able to get them transferred through itunes and synced.

I appreciate everyone's quick response and input! I'll be back to see you nice folks later!!

Well that's great to hear and thank you for posting back that you were able to transfer these files.

Enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts