What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ios8 problem

doublereader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As soon as I updated my ipad 1 to ios8, it refused to go to a work site I have been using extensively.

Any idea what causes this? And better, what to do about it?

Thanks!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

After updating, reset your iPad. This won't remove data or settings. To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both. Your device will power up on it's own.

Go to Settings - Safari, and Clear History and Website Data. Then try accessing the website again.

OP
D

doublereader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

After updating, reset your iPad. This won't remove data or settings. To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both. Your device will power up on it's own.

Go to Settings - Safari, and Clear History and Website Data. Then try accessing the website again.

Thanks! That did it! Say, do you know how to move my bookmarks column back over to the right side of the page?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to help. :)

Moving the bookmarks back is not possible, sorry! It's a feature of iOS 8, and can't be changed.

Most reactions

Latest posts