What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS8 performance on a IPad 3?

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was having some laggy load times in Safari. A restart didn't help but a reset did. First time I've ever done both and seen an actual difference.

That is on an iPad Air.

I have been having the problem that when I open a new page on a new tab in Safari, then return to the original I get a blank screen. A refresh then restores the content. Have you noticed this effect?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have been having the problem that when I open a new page on a new tab in Safari, then return to the original I get a blank screen. A refresh then restores the content. Have you noticed this effect?

No. I haven't seen that, but I rarely use multiple tabs when on the iPad, and have a an almost compulsive reflex when it comes to closing tabs, unless I have a reason to keep them; even on the Mac.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just an update, my iPad is still as laggy as ever despite a restart and reset. Still, hope remains eternal

Did you upgrade it OTA or using iTunes? Sometimes, an OTA update doesn't work as well as it should (or so I have noticed).

If it's really annoying, may I suggest you back up the iPad and then do a full restore of iOS 8 using iTunes. It may help...

Marilyn

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you upgrade it OTA or using iTunes? Sometimes, an OTA update doesn't work as well as it should (or so I have noticed).

If it's really annoying, may I suggest you back up the iPad and then do a full restore of iOS 8 using iTunes. It may help...

Marilyn
Hi Marilyn,
Nice to hear from you and thank you. I did an OTA update as usual. Never done one through iTunes. First time this has occurred but I can live with it, thankfully.
Interestingly enough, I cannot access my little business web site through Safari but I feel this is a separate problem.
Great advice as per usual.
Take care,
Mike

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad3 16gb. My update to ios7 (& all its subsequent points) was without incident. The irritant of the parallax view was soon overcome following the "find" of turning it off in settings. The wallpaper size issue was a pain, but overcome by resizing to the correct size for the iPad.

ios8 has been even smoother - yes the download crawled in (took 7 hours even on a 37mbs fibre connection) - but it was on the actual release day so to be expected. (Although my iPhone 5c got it through in under an hour).

All in all I think 8 is an improvement over 7. I don't really notice any performance difference to be honest. But I have done several resets (power & home) first after the update & also after each "crop" of app updates.

I have noticed some "glitches" which I'll post about in a new thread to see if anyone else has come across them.

Cheers all :)

skycarp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had several problems with iPad 2 after ios8 installed. Tried hard reset without improvement.

This morning I did a reset from within Settings. Settings-General-Reset-Reset All Settings. I lost all my settings but I have the time to go back and reset them so no complaints there.

This reset seems to have corrected most of my problems. Time will tell.

Most reactions

Latest posts