What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS8 performance on a IPad 3?

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I remember the slow IOS 7 performance after the first release which was fixed in a later version.

So how is IOS8 performance on a IPAD3 ?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My son has an iPad 3, he updated the very first day, and I didn't hear complaints so far that it's slow.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Updated the other day but didn't read the warning about iCloud Drive :(
However, getting back to the point, my iPad 3 does seem a little leggy after the upgrade.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seems pretty smooth to me. I know iOS7xx was hesitant and laggy. Still messing with it. Others may chime in.
Seems each IOS works differently for some of us. IOS 7 was very smooth for me but this latest upgrade is leaving me a little laggy and that is being kind.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Updated the other day but didn't read the warning about iCloud Drive :(
However, getting back to the point, my iPad 3 does seem a little leggy after the upgrade.
iCloud Drive requires iOS 8 on all iDevices. If you have a Mac as well, which hasn't received an update yet, you could get problems. If this is your only Apple device, this is okay. I've already enabled the feature on both my iPads, and it's working without issues.

Did you also reset or restart your iPad after updating? As usual, the software needs some time to "settle in". Maybe it'll be better in a few days. :)

Last edited:

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Guten tag, Meine freunde,
Good to hear from you and thank you for your input. I will do a full restart of my iPad as it is indeed laggy compared with the IOS 7
Thank you once again and I hope all is well in Austria with you and your family :)
Best regards,
Mike

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guten tag, Meine freunde,
Good to hear from you and thank you for your input. I will do a full restart of my iPad as it is indeed laggy compared with the IOS 7
Thank you once again and I hope all is well in Austria with you and your family :)
Best regards,
Mike
Guten Tag, mein Freund! :)

Thank you, all is well here. :)

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iCloud Drive requires iOS 8 on all iDevices. If you have a Mac as well, which hasn't received an update yet, you could get problems. If this is your only Apple device, this is okay. I've already enabled the feature on both my iPads, and it's working without issues.

Did you also reset or restart your iPad after updating? As usual, the software needs some time to "settle in". Maybe it'll be better in a few days. :)
Just done a complete reset/ restart and it is as laggy as ever so I suppose I will wait a while. No problem and again, thanks. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Seems each IOS works differently for some of us. IOS 7 was very smooth for me but this latest upgrade is leaving me a little laggy and that is being kind.

I was having some laggy load times in Safari. A restart didn't help but a reset did. First time I've ever done both and seen an actual difference.

That is on an iPad Air.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, TP. Tried the rest but etc. still a bit laggy. Will wait a few days and see if any improvement. No big deal really, but a noticeable difference in performance. Still miles better than my Windows 8.1 run PC :)

electra2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Once again you have come up trumps, forgot the magic off button. I suppose like most, assume them turnig it off is enough no more

Most reactions

Latest posts