What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios8 can't upload pics to facebook or car forums

ASPHALTVICTORY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys new here I have been banging my head ever sence I updated to iOS 8 seemed like a good idea but I have experienced battery drain intermittent internet signal and I can no longer upload pics to Facebook or my automotive forums.

I did a lot of Google searcing on this but the topic often goes to "don't worry about your photos" well yea I still have my photos but I can't upload them.

I can upload them through the Facebook app but I use the regular version

Any help or links apreciateed

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
After updating, you should reset your iPad. This won't remove data or settings on your device. Perhaps it will help with a few of your issues. To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both, the iPad will power up on it's own.

Did you try to upload photos to Facebook through the Photos app? It's also possible there:
image.jpg

OP
A

ASPHALTVICTORY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply! I figured out that much with the photos I can upload pics to Facebook using the app and the method you showed.
My girlfriend uses the app I use the desktop version on safari I go to "add photos" to say a post or to add to an album it will take me to the usual how it use to be but just won't ever upload.

It's the same with my automotive forum I go to upload photos and it seems like it wants to do it but 2 minutes later it's telling me sorry

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which way did you update to iOS 8: using iTunes (computer), or through Settings - General - Software Update (over the air, using Wi-Fi only)? Is your iPad up to date? The latest version is 8.1.3.
I suppose you're owner of an iPad 2.

Try resetting your device the way I described above. Maybe it'll help.

OP
A

ASPHALTVICTORY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw the red update thing and said to myself "oh time for an update to keep up with the times...to make sure it runs smooth...sigh

I did the update through "air" did not connect to a desktop

My ipad 2 is my only computer

OP
A

ASPHALTVICTORY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just reset it like you said and it is a tad faster but still the same with facebook it says it's loading but nothing happens :(

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Something that could help with your Wi-Fi:
If you use Location Services, go to Settings - Privacy - Location Services - System Services and disable Wi-Fi Networking. This won't disable your Wi-Fi.
View attachment 62827
If this doesn't improve the situation, go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings. Your Wi-Fi password and settings will be removed, and you'll have to set it up again.

It's also possible to set a custom DNS in Settings - Wi-Fi. Tap the button behind the network you're connected to:
image.jpg

Then go to DNS and tap the field, so that the keyboard appears and allows to remove the information there and enter a different DNS. Google offers a free DNS service (as an example), and to use it, enter 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 there:
image.jpg

If none of these help, and you still have problems with your Wi-Fi, you'll have to connect your iPad to a computer with iTunes installed, and restore it.

Last edited:
OP
A

ASPHALTVICTORY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll have to try that
I guess what's realy bugging me is not being to upload photos! Craigslist facebook my car forum hell even here I can't upload pics...it shows it's going to but the skinny thing just keeps spinning. It's so frustrating I had just figured out how to get everything to work then I updated!

Most reactions