What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ios7 typing issues on ipad

iggy1903

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good day. I downloaded ios7 last night on my ipad2. Went fine. Only issue is all typing is delayed by about 5-8 seconds. When I type a letter it takes this time to appear on my screen. Does this with any typing function from entering pass code to writing email. Any ideas?

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed that there was a slight delay when you go from letters to numbers.

(Big Business Game App - Player Name: Beaneys / City Name: kêl)

YoloSwag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed that there was a slight delay when you go from letters to numbers.

(Big Business Game App - Player Name: Beaneys / City Name: kêl)

What you just said is very ironic.

The word "I just downloaded iOS 7" explains everything. It may take time for your iPad to "coop' with iOS 7. This happened to me when I just downloaded iOS 7. But after a few hours or a day it has gone faster.

Edit: If it still does not improve reset, reboot, erase all data and settings. If none work, wait it out.

Goodluck! And may the odds be ever in your favor.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, do a reset of your iPad......it's a recommended step after any update, as it just helps everything settle in nicely.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. Hope it helps you,

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I noticed the same thing but now it is just as fast as before IOS 7. I guess it healed itself!

Most reactions