What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7: JailBreak Status Thread (Official)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MobileSubstrate 0.9.5000 has been pushed for iOS 7 full support and ARM 64 architecture support. iPhone 5S, Air and iPad Mini w/ Retina can install this build safely. Not all tweaks will work even with the new MobileSubstrate. Still proceed with caution when installing packages.

bifftaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First post is a little confusing & a little misleading at first.. Because at the top it says it's not possible to JB iOS 7, But you can. I know you have updated the post with new info, But it's all the way down the bottom of that HUGE OP post. IMO, having the most recent updates posted at the top of the post because that's were you would start reading, Not from the bottom & up..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input, bifftaz. I've edited the first post to read a bit better and, hopefully, alleviate any potential confusion.

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some packages have to be repackaged/recompiled for 64 bit architecture support. It may say that it supports iOS 7 and A7 devices but may not work properly.

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Several Cydia tweaks that did not work for me before the Cydia Substrate update now seem to be. Some include: iKeywi HD, Barrell, and BT Mouse & Keyboard. I'm back in business with apps I used daily in my office and before the New Year! Awesome job Saurik!

FYI, I have an iPad 2 CDMA model.

AirPlay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Confirm. Now I restore my Pad via Tunes with iOS 7.0.4, these set up new device, jailbreak...and now all apps work, but I use evasi0n tool v. 1.0.2 beta. I perform more test and update my post. If case use JB with old tool and try to install new update on evasi0n from Cydia may be go to boot loops cycle...

iPad2 GSM model

Update 1 - if case add [a piracy repo] give some troubles and problems with iPad2. I don't have another device to test, but on my Pad after install [this piracy repo] repo lose part of your installed apps and tweaks from Cydia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk JB iPad2 3G+WIFI

[Moderator edit: Removed reference to a piracy repo. We neither support or condone piracy here. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Buddhaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for some advice. I want to jailbreak my iPad 3 but I've got lots of books on iBooks with bookmarks and highlights and I don't want to lose them. These books have not been added from iTunes but through Dropbox. What can I do to back up these books as I'm not sure that iCloud will completely save all my books and info. I should also add that this is a concern because my update to 7.0.4 is OTA so I will have to restore my iPad using iTunes before JBing.

Thanks in advance for your help and Happy New Year! :)

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately you can't back them up unless they were iTunes purchases. The tricky situation is the font size that would shift the pages, and since bookmarks are page based, it's hard to keep the formatting as well as the bookmarks. Then there's also the DRM issues to prevent copyright issues.

Buddhaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately you can't back them up unless they were iTunes purchases. The tricky situation is the font size that would shift the pages, and since bookmarks are page based, it's hard to keep the formatting as well as the bookmarks. Then there's also the DRM issues to prevent copyright issues.

Thanks Willerz2 and thanks for all the help you give people on this forum. It's not so much the bookmarks now I think of it, it's the notes and highlights. So there's really no way to copy or backup these files related to iBooks? I've seen software for Windows that enables you to backup files on an iPad but I was wondering if there was an alternative to purchasing this software? I'd rather not jailbreak than lose my books.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Willerz2 and thanks for all the help you give people on this forum. It's not so much the bookmarks now I think of it, it's the notes and highlights. So there's really no way to copy or backup these files related to iBooks? I've seen software for Windows that enables you to backup files on an iPad but I was wondering if there was an alternative to purchasing this software? I'd rather not jailbreak than lose my books.

It may be possible with certain software. I'm not entirely sure where the bookmarks, notes, highlights, etc are stored on the meta plists if at all. I'll dig around and see if I can find it. If you can copy that same meta plist onto your computer, and replace it along with your books after the restore, it may carry over your bookmarks. Remember that iOS 6 and iOS 7 have slightly different ways of indexing, so even if you do copy over the plist, it still may not carry over. I'll look into it and see what I can find, but it does seem grim.

EDIT: You can use Settings > iBooks > Sync Bookmarks and toggle it ON. It works for books purchased through iTunes. I'll check to see if it works for PDFs and other formats.

Last edited:

AirPlay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First my sorry for not full read rules. Mod team sorry.

Try to create full backup via iTunes, an after JB, open backup and copy your data directly on device....

And Happy new year from Bulgaria

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk JB iPad2 3G+WIFI

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts