What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7 email app keeps asking for email account pasword

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone know why this should be. I always cancel the request snd it does not seem to make any difference as I still recieve emails,

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone know why this should be. I always cancel the request snd it does not seem to make any difference as I still recieve emails,

Hello - I've not had an issue w/ the Mail App after upgrading to iOS 7 (on iPad 2), BUT I've had a Macbook Pro for 6 months and is an intermittent annoyance w/ Mountain Lion's Mail program - same Yahoo account - believe that it is an authentication issue @ Yahoo, but why it happens on just the laptop, not sure?

What mail account is misbehaving? Do you have multiple accounts and are all showing the same issue? I'd probably first 'Force Close' the Mail App and check again; if not successful, then a 'Restart' or 'Reset' would be my next step. And if still a problem, you could delete the account and set it up again - Dave :)

sorensen1323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I also have had trouble . I have an iPad 2 and using web mail to access my work exchange server. I log in but to open an individual email I must authenticate again, cancel does not work. I get asked again when I go to close it.

Sorensen1323

OP
Gtatler

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have changed my password on both the email provider's server and also my iPad and the problem SEEMS to have gone away.

Suggest passwords are changed regularly anyway as a matter of routine

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts