What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7 and Facebook

stuberger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded both my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 to iOS 7 and since the upgrade I've noticed a couple bugs which I'm hoping will get resolved in future updates... The built in weather app on the iPhone was acting up with updating but it seems to be working better now.... Also noticed on both the iPad and iPhone when you use the task manager ( double click and swipe up ) that sometimes even when I close the program the icon for it on the bottom stays until I open the program and close it again..and it only happens rarely.

My big gripe is Facebook...I use it often and never really had a problem with the app until iOS 7... A lot of times it takes forever to load pages...a lot of profile pics will be missing I threads and I need to either log out and in again or close the app fully a few times and the nothing's load up. The profile pics are the ones at the top left of a persons thread...or in chat to the right....

I updated both devices OTA and not through iTunes...if that matters. All other apps work okay. I was on with Apple TS but really no help other than resetting network connections and the offering for me to do a like new restore which I really don't want to do on both...too much work.

I am hoping it's a update needed to fix FB....anyone else having this issue or something?

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I upgraded both my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 to iOS 7 and since the upgrade I've noticed a couple bugs which I'm hoping will get resolved in future updates... The built in weather app on the iPhone was acting up with updating but it seems to be working better now.... Also noticed on both the iPad and iPhone when you use the task manager ( double click and swipe up ) that sometimes even when I close the program the icon for it on the bottom stays until I open the program and close it again..and it only happens rarely. My big gripe is Facebook...I use it often and never really had a problem with the app until iOS 7... A lot of times it takes forever to load pages...a lot of profile pics will be missing I threads and I need to either log out and in again or close the app fully a few times and the nothing's load up. The profile pics are the ones at the top left of a persons thread...or in chat to the right.... I updated both devices OTA and not through iTunes...if that matters. All other apps work okay. I was on with Apple TS but really no help other than resetting network connections and the offering for me to do a like new restore which I really don't want to do on both...too much work. I am hoping it's a update needed to fix FB....anyone else having this issue or something?

Hmmm.... When I updated my iPad 4 to iOS 7, Facebook crashed a lot! Didn't know what to do. Updated it and still the same until I restored my iOS version through iTunes which downloades the full package of iOS and not like OTA which downloades only the minimal updates. It might be that. Not sure. Update through iTunes fixes the battery problems too.
Hope you fix it soon.

karspur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same Facebook app problems on my iPad 4. Profile pics just showing the generic silhouette and photos taking forever to load. It isn't the internet connection because it works fine using a browser and other apps work fine.

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am having the same Facebook app problems on my iPad 4. Profile pics just showing the generic silhouette and photos taking forever to load. It isn't the internet connection because it works fine using a browser and other apps work fine.

It is a Facebook app bug :(

pimpers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since upgrading to IOS 7 Facebook crashes when trying to open message conversations but this is tolerable. My biggest moan is that the password/username does not clear. I explain, both username and password for Facebook is typed in. I accidentally tapped keep me logged in. As someone else was using my pad I cleared all history and password data and closed all open apps. When I found the Facebook log on in google and tapped the password box to enter both username and password and like magic, both appeared. I've done all I know to clear this data but it still comes back. Any ideas why I cannot stop this from auto logging in please? Thanks in advance.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since upgrading to IOS 7 Facebook crashes when trying to open message conversations but this is tolerable. My biggest moan is that the password/username does not clear. I explain, both username and password for Facebook is typed in. I accidentally tapped keep me logged in. As someone else was using my pad I cleared all history and password data and closed all open apps. When I found the Facebook log on in google and tapped the password box to enter both username and password and like magic, both appeared. I've done all I know to clear this data but it still comes back. Any ideas why I cannot stop this from auto logging in please? Thanks in advance.
Do you have iCloud Keychain turned on? If you do, it automatically remembers your log in ID and password for sites that require it. If you want to turn it off, go to Settings>iCloud>Keychain and turn it off. If that works, let us know.

image-3374814739.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also look at Settings - Safari - Password & AutoFill - Saved Passwords. There you can edit/delete passwords saved by your device.

pimpers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys, the cloud is not turned on so I looked at the password/auto fill and that was causing my issue. Turned it off and all is well now. Facebook is now behaving itself.
Thanks again.
Pimpers.

Gerda33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my ipad 4 I can't log into the Facebook app since The iOS 7 update. It keeps asking for my password. But when I go to settings and fill in the password, I just keep getting the message: Error signing in, Could not communicate with the server. Any suggestions...?

Edit: problem solved.

Solution: Go into settings/privacy/Facebook and disable the button. Open your Facebook app and login. Once logged in go back to that button and enable. You may have to re-enter your password but the error will be gone.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts