iOS7.0.2 Simple Passcode problem

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by iBozz, Sep 28, 2013.

1. iBozz

iBozz iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    iPad forum re security

My upgrade to iOS7.0.2 went wrong, requiring a return to factory settings and a restore via Snow Leopard's iTunes.

No problem, all went well as I had the latest backup.

All well except ...

It did not restore my eight digit Passcode and it asked me to create a new four digit Simple Passcode.

This I did and I then went to switch off Simple Passcode to recreate my eight digit code, but every time I try it asks me for my four digit code (fair enough, I am changing security and it will want to ensure that it is me) but flashes past the keypad before I can enter anything. It then presents what I assume is the keypad to enter my eight digit code (it flashes past so quickly it is difficult to tell, but it is in a different part of the screen) but, before I can even touch the screen, Settings quits.

Every single time I try!

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem, or am I alone in this cruel world of misery, paranoia and persecution!

What on earth can I do to change my Simple Passcode to a longer one?

Thanks in advance.
  2. squib

squib iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +799 / 0
    I have had that problem ever since I upgraded to IOS 6 . When I bought my iPad 2 I didn't bother putting any pass codes in. After upgrading my IOS that PAD comes up asking for my code. The restriction had been turned on and a pass code set. A 4 digit code. I tried so many different times that now it says if I enter it wrong once more I will be locked out of my own iPad !
    If you find a resolution PLEASE post it here. There are quite a few people who have had this problem for about a year. But no one is able to help! I guess I could pay for a phone call .help" but since they created the problem I don't feel like paying them to fix it!
  3. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,644 / 1
    This is how I can enter a longer password in my iPad. Go to Settings>General>Passcode Lock and enter your existing passcode. You then turn off the simple passcode switch, entering your existing passcode to do so. Now you see a pop up that allows you to enter your longer password. I hope this helps. image-1901263131.jpg image-1587574370.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  4. squib

squib iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +799 / 0
    Sorry, Sci, but I don't have the same page as you. I am off to the land of nod so will continue this tomorrow ! I'll take a screen shot and show what that page looks like for me! I'm glad to hear you have new ideas!
  5. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,889 / 4
    You still have iOS 6.1.3 installed. Scifan's screenshots show iOS 7.
    If you don't remember your passcode, you should backup your iPad and restore it. You'll get the new iOS, and the problem with the forgotten passcode should't exist any more.
  6. scifan57

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,644 / 1
    While the screens look different, the same procedure will work on a device that's on iOS 6.1.3.
  7. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,889 / 4
    That's right. If she remembers her passcode.
  8. iBozz

iBozz iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Scifan: unfortunately, I do indeed see what you see, but as I explained: after switching off Simple Passcode it cycles through the next two keypads in less than a second (just slow enough to see them appear and disappear) and then Settings quits.

Every single time!

I have rebooted and it makes no difference, it is always the same.

I do know what I should do but it never lets me do it. :mad:
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  9. squib

squib iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +799 / 0
    Did you read the problem I and many others are having? When we upgraded our IOS, there was suddenly a change in our settings that had NOTHING to do with US!

When I bought my iPad I did NOT put ANY pass codes in settings. I didn't turn ANY of them ON! After upgrading suddenly there is a pass code on restrictions which has been turned on, NOW WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE PASS CODE IS, HOW TO TURN RESTRICTIONS OFF OR RETURN OUR SETTINGS TO WHAT THEY WERE, WHICH WAS OFF ( On restrictions ).

I have tried talking to apple community support but they don't know what I can do to fix it. I stopped my IOS 7 upgrade half way through, even though I told it not to upgrade it began anyway! Lucky I caught it, but I have t checked it today. For all I know it could have finished upgrading itself!! I have done the whole re-set, but if I try to go back to factory default it wants my code before it will let me pass to do that!

IT IS A SNAFU. !!! That's what I know for sure. You wouldn't believe how many of these people I know have the same problem and got it when they were upgrading their IOS!
  10. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,479 / 1

Maybe: Try Reset All Settings in Settings > General > Reset. It won't erase anything, or affect account settings, but many/most other settings will go back to default. If there is some glitchy setting in Settings causing problems, I give it an even chance of fixing things.

Otherwise, you may have to do the clean restore, yet again.
  11. Joalan

Joalan iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like there are several problem areas with the new software! Since upgrading I can't use my camera to take video, simply will not change over from still to video!!!!! So frustrating
  12. squib

squib iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +799 / 0
    Hey, I just downloaded and installed the IOS 7 because it said it fixed the pass code problems. It had a link to talk to them about those problems. Duh, I thought the link would still be there once it was installed ! SO , if ANYONE hasn't installed it yet please, please, PLEASE write it down and post it in this thread! THANK you. If anyone knows what the link is without going thru the download, install again, PLEASE post it in this thread! Thank you so much!
  13. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +749 / 0
    Don't try to touch the video option to select it, touch and slide to pick between the different options.

image-4204892388.jpg

The Archangel
  14. squib

squib iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +799 / 0
    Hey Gabe, did you see the new "Face Time" logo? Perhaps that is the way to get you're video to work now? Just a thought! :D
  15. squib

squib iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +799 / 0
    I had exactly the same thing happen when I upgraded to IOS 6. When I upgraded to IOS 7 I noticed that after I downloaded it but hadn't installed it yet, it had a link to a place the you could contact because so many people had my problem with IOS 6! And I installed it because it said it had bug fixes for pass code problems. So, I installed it, it didn't fix my problem, went back to find the link and it was gone! If anyone hasn't installed it yet please take note of that link to contact ? Whoever.?
  16. scifan57

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,644 / 1
    This is where the link you mentioned takes you. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5957
  17. squib

squib iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +799 / 0
    . Thank YOU, SCIFAN! OMG you have made my whole year! Thank you! thank you!thank you! Oh you have no idea how happy I am to know who to contact!! I will let you know what happens! YIPPEE!! HAPPYFEETDANCE!!!
  18. squib

squib iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +799 / 0
    Not much help. How sad. They gave me a # I'm the 60th thousand person next in line - IF they find my problem viable or relevant,,,,:-(
    That doesn't mean I am disappointed with the info sci, I still REALLY appreciate that info.....I am sure when the screaming slows down! and a new version comes out my question will become relevant! :)
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  19. squib

squib iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +799 / 0
    Can ANYONE tell me how to shut down my open apps with IOS 7 ? We used to double click, then the apps would be in a row at the bottom, you touch them lightly, they jiggle, and then you x them shut! how do I do that now???
  20. squib

squib iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +799 / 0
    Here' sweat I found on Forbes mag. Thru google, hope it helps some one:

iOS 7 has a new way to kill apps.

1. Press the Home button twice so you see your running apps in rectangles on the screen

2. Flick to left or right to bring apps into view

3. Flick any unneeded apps up and away to the top of the screen to close them