What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ios6

if had the choice would you downgrade from ios6

• yes

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • no

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
I put the iPhone YouTube app on my iPad 2 this AM and it's fine.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

I've tried it myself and it has worked fine for me as well.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm purposely keeping my iPad and iPhone on iOS 5.1.1 to keep Google maps. I did upgrade my touch 4, because I use it for mostly books and music, and I figured that Apple wouldn't further break the music app after the last upgrade.

My touch lets me check out iOS 6 without breaking what I like on iPad and iPhone. I haven't found any iOS 6 feature that I'd trade Google maps for. I'd also hesitate over YouTube, but I haven't tested the diff between iOS 5.1.1 and 6 YouTube functions, because I mostly look at YouTube when people email me links, and I don't have any email accounts at all on my touch. My main YouTube priority is that the app auto-launch from an email link.

OP
dannyjames1

dannyjames1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
I put the iPhone YouTube app on my iPad 2 this AM and it's fine.

AA

And have it all stretched out like that?
I tried using the iPhone version on the iPad but can't be doing with it. It looks awful, and not really any comparison to the old app.

Turned Siri off. I see no benefit for me for it.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
dannyjames1 said:
And have it all stretched out like that?
I tried using the iPhone version on the iPad but can't be doing with it. It looks awful, and not really any comparison to the old app.

Turned Siri off. I see no benefit for me for it.

It doesn't compare well to the previous installed app but it gets the job done for the few months it will take Google to grind out an app made for iPad.

My experience with progress is you need to pause and refresh, even take a momentary step back sometimes, to see the bigger picture and where you want to be in it.

AA

hachi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like a lot of the small updates/enchancements they made in iOS6. Though my Siri seems to be slow to respond the first time I call her up. But once she's running her performance is normal. I don't use Siri that much but I have started to as of late. Composing text messages is nice as is asking Siri to dial a number for me. :)

Most reactions