What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS6 upgraded and bookmarks have disapeared?

HughB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded to IOS 6 via Wifi and my bookmarks are no more. Are they hidden someplace or lost? All I see under bookmarks is Apple, Google, Bing. When I save a bookmark it doesn't show up under book marks. I'm hoping it's operator error and I'm missing something..............

Jmak666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi the same thing happened to me. I have the same standard bookmarks you have. The bookmarks on my upgraded iPhone are still there.

I can't even add new bookmarks nor can I add things to the reading list.

Weird thing is that as soon after i upgraded I added a few bookmarks but today they are all gone (the same bookmarks synced up on my iPhone)

Hope there's a solution. I'll never be able to remember any of the bookmarks I saved.

robespierre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me.

I only have the three default bookmarks.
I don't get any bookmarks from my cloud account.
I can't add any new bookmarks.

What gives. Apple should really work out the kinks before telling everyone to download the new software.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Probably not, but just in case:

At the bottom of the bookmarks list there are now three tabs. One for bookmarks, one for history, and one for the reading list. Make sure you've chosen the book icon for bookmarks.

Jmak666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so I just turned off and turned on my iPad and my bookmarks are back! Hopefully that works for everyone.

OP
H

HughB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well me too I plugged in last night and this AM bookmarks are all back! Was this iCloud doing it's thing?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
HughB said:
Well me too I plugged in last night and this AM bookmarks are all back! Was this iCloud doing it's thing?

I believe so. I have the same bookmarks synced between iPad, iPhone and MBA. Must be an iCloud connectivity issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts