What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS6 upgrade issue

erlyelas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently upgraded to IOS6 on my iPad 2. I am no longer able to save images from theChive app. Any assistance I can get would be greatly appreciated.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there...whenever an app doesn't work properly, it's best to try to do some of these immediate fixes...

1. Force the app to close?
2. Try to restart your iPad?
3. Try to do a soft reset?

You can try this in order, if an app becomes funky.

Force the app to close down*by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

OP
E

erlyelas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate your advice, however I have tried each step, in order, and I am still unable to save images. I have since noticed that I am unable to save images from my Twitter app as well. I am wondering if the issue could be with the IOS6 upgrade install? If so, I'm not sure what to do.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I appreciate your advice, however I have tried each step, in order, and I am still unable to save images. I have since noticed that I am unable to save images from my Twitter app as well. I am wondering if the issue could be with the IOS6 upgrade install? If so, I'm not sure what to do.

It may be that this app you have requires an update as a lot of the apps have done with the new ios 6 arrival.

OP
E

erlyelas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have updated all of the apps and still unable to save images.

OP
E

erlyelas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
erlyelas said:
I have updated all of the apps and still unable to save images.

I deleted the app and re-installed it with the same result.

OP
E

erlyelas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Have you written to the developer about this?

I have not. Should I write to Apple about the IOS6 update or the app developer?

drover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you written to the developer about this?
you will, no doubt, find that the app developer has not, as yet, upgraded the app to be used with iOS6. May take some a little while. I had 36 apps waiting to be updated and I had to do each one separately.

OP
E

erlyelas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all that provided input to resolve this issue. I truly appreciate your assistance!

Most reactions

Latest posts