What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS6 update to iPad2

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's a shame when app developers don't keep up with their updates. It's not as if they didn't know about iOS 6 or what had to be done to make their app compatible with the new iOS.

Maybe Apple is not informing all software program developers of their upgrade OS plans. Also if software program developers, are not selling enough of a program they might not want to spend the time and money updating the program.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ipadder474 said:
Maybe Apple is not informing all software program developers of their upgrade OS plans. Also if software program developers, are not selling enough of a program they might not want to spend the time and money updating the program.

That cannot plead ignorance, as it was publicly announced many months before the September release. Apple wouldn't even need to notify individual developers.

MissAnne13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for your response. I will certainly keep an eye out for a newer version of that App. I never even thought about it being an App problem. Thanks again, Miss Anne

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
That cannot plead ignorance, as it was publicly announced many months before the September release. Apple wouldn't even need to notify individual developers.

Correct, devs get access to the beta versions of the upgraded iOS long before it is released to the public.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MissAnne13 said:
Thank you all for your response. I will certainly keep an eye out for a newer version of that App. I never even thought about it being an App problem. Thanks again, Miss Anne

Have you considered contacting Accoustic Research through their web site to see what they are doing to rectify the issue?

The Archangel

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ipadder474 said:

Agreed, it's easy for us to say they should just have updates ready immediately but I'm sure they have other things to work on too. It can be tough out there for tablet dev teams!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipadder474 said:

Gabriel1 said:
Correct, devs get access to the beta versions of the upgraded iOS long before it is released to the public.

The Archangel

Software developers have access to the beta versions of any new iOS version long before the public.

Most reactions

Latest posts