What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios6 and Siri

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Press and hold the home button. I think I read that somewhere.

I assume you have an iPad 3 because it doesn't work on the iPad 2.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
You did the pre-order Sci?

Yes,but I ordered about 2 hours after the pre sale started. Even by then shipping times had slipped to 2 weeks. Shipping times today are 3-4 weeks.

pyewacket

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there something in Siri that stops it from being loaded into ipad2...or is it a ploy by Apple to get people to upgrade to ipad3 ??

leon

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad2 doesn't have the hardware that the iPad3 has, that's why it can't run Siri. Remember, Siri came out after the iPad2. So, the third generation iPad was released with the hardware - and now it gets the software to run it.

Not a planned thing, I am sure. Just natural development as technology moves along.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The reason the ipad3 got the hardware was for the dictation feature it was released with, back in March. The dictation feature uses the Siri servers to process the voice to text conversion.

pyewacket

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad2 doesn't have the hardware that the iPad3 has, that's why it can't run Siri. Remember, Siri came out after the iPad2. So, the third generation iPad was released with the hardware - and now it gets the software to run it.

Not a planned thing, I am sure. Just natural development as technology moves along.

Marilyn

Thanks.....

Calkid44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Francesca025 said:
I installed ios6 and Siri is nowhere to be found. Help, please.

I am told it does not come on the IPad2 nor does the Photo Paneramic

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Calkid44 said:
I am told it does not come on the IPad2 nor does the Photo Paneramic

iPad 3 is the only iPad that got Siri as a result of the iOS 6 update. Panoramic photo feature is only available on the iPhones and the iPod touch 5th generation.

Most reactions

Latest posts