What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 worth the update?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just updated to OS5 without any problem. Looking good!
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the successful upgrade! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

Welcome again and enjoy!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a test later to make sure you have all memorised the new changes. I've had more problems than most but yes, the IOS5 changes are definitely worth the time and effort used to correct my iPad. By far!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

edcm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on iPad 1, and I cannot find a single reason why this OS would be anything more than a marginal improvement on the previous version

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It isn't. I, too, have an iPad 1 and I so wish I hadn't upgraded, but I'm stuck now and not loving my iPad nearly as much as I used to.

Esther
1st Gen iPad 64GB 3G

edcm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot. Apple designed it to be a folder. Also, folders cannot be put into another folder unless ....

Press on any app (not Newsstand) for a few seconds. This should make all of the apps shaking.

Move one app into another. You’ve now created a folder.

This next step takes some time to do, quickly as the animation of the second app is getting put into the folder is happening, grab the Newsstand app and put into that folder. You must do it as the new folder is being built.

Once it is in the folder do not click on it ... It will hang.

HTHs

Mike

Sent from my iPad using iPF

This worked!!! Thank you! Thank you!

Esther
1st Gen iPad 64GB 3G

edcm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's true I'm sorry to say. It does work with the semi-tethered jailbreal, though. Sorry about that.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
LoveRem36 said:
I just have iPad 1, 64GB WiFi. Can I update this one to iOS5? And where do I go to get it? ITunes? I have no idea.

Yes you can and you would go straight to 5.1 now. You need to download the latest iTunes on your computer and backup everything. It's a good idea to disable your virus protection and/or firewall for the duration of the update. It is a very big update so can take some time depending on what you already have on your ipad. Have a look at this link and it will show you how to do it.
[video=vimeo;30421920]http://vimeo.com/30421920[/video]

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ambaker said:
Is it my imagination, or we're we told that with iOS 5 we would no longer have to tether to a PC to update? Yet with 5.1 that seems to be the only option. (Or did I miss something?)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0ushhd

You can still do updates on your computer if you like but they can be done OTA (over the air) also.

The above post is someone coming from a lower version wanting to update to 5.0.1 and now because other versions are now closed they will go straight to 5.1.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts