What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 worth the update?

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
anmanwar said:
Me too. Love printer pro! My HP printer doesn't work with apple air print so printer pro is totally worth it.

Did you need to install the PC/MAC server software?

I tested the lite version. It could see my Brother, but it could not print to it. PnS has no problem with it nor does my MacBook Air. I have installed the WePrint server so that PnS can use all my PC connected devices as well.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Memphis_Raines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot. Apple designed it to be a folder. Also, folders cannot be put into another folder unless ....

Press on any app (not Newsstand) for a few seconds. This should make all of the apps shaking.

Move one app into another. You’ve now created a folder.

This next step takes some time to do, quickly as the animation of the second app is getting put into the folder is happening, grab the Newsstand app and put into that folder. You must do it as the new folder is being built.

Once it is in the folder do not click on it ... It will hang.

HTHs

Mike

I've just tried this and it actually worked, does take a few goes to do it quickly enough and it probably works best if you have the apps that you're going to be creating the folder with, and Newstand next to each other! Thanks Mike, no more pesky newstand to clutter things up.

Sean

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried settings - general - auto rotate

Sorry if you have done this but this happened to me when I updated. It went back to mute phase.

Cjsea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IOS 5 is rather disappointing, Iphoto doesn't import photos from camera roll etc. Icloud actually steals information and then you have to buy silly upgrades and so on....Long life the business machines!!

Papayafields

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackbelt said:
Greatest IOS yet....200 plus new features. I really like the ability to hold my IPhone 4s and take a picture using the volume button as the shutter button than the button on the screen. The voice command on iPhone is unbelievable.

Something that android has had for like 3 years. Gg, apple. Only took this long for such a basic feature. :p IOS5 is ok, but im fine with IOS4 for now.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IOS 5 is rather disappointing, Iphoto doesn't import photos from camera roll etc. Icloud actually steals information and then you have to buy silly upgrades and so on....Long life the business machines!!

Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

With regard to your post, iCloud imports all new photos from your iDevice camera roll and syncs them across all of your iCloud enabled devices.

I've no idea what the rest of your post means. Would you care to elaborate?

Welcome again and enjoy!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to admit that I would love to be able to put Newstand in a folder, but then again, I would also like to put Contacts, Notes, Calendar, and Video in a folder. What bothers me is that the other magazines/newspapers I subscribe to, will not go there until they upgrade their software. So I have them in two different folders. Irritating, but like most irritations, I can live with it for now.

dgk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just tried this and it actually worked, does take a few goes to do it quickly enough and it probably works best if you have the apps that you're going to be creating the folder with, and Newstand next to each other! Thanks Mike, no more pesky newstand to clutter things up.

Sean

Awesome hint! Thks

scott_R1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on iPad 1, and I cannot find a single reason why this OS would be anything more than a marginal improvement on the previous version

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I could not disagree more. My Ipad1 isn't any faster (fine the way it is) but IOS5 is a big improvement. I got my wife an Ipad2 and yes it is slightly faster but overall they are the same and were enhanced to the same degree with IOS5.

shihid282

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally upgraded to ios5. Checking what it can do , but I am having iPad 1 so few features won't work here :( and I got iPod 2nd gen which cannot be ungraded to ios5 :(

oOxEP1CToMxOo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you have had trouble with the update. Do you have an iPad 1 or a 2?
I have an iPod touch 4 but I have worked my way around some of the errors I had before. Updates for lion came out quite quick so hopefully updates for ios5 will come out soon too

JTMustang3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The notification bar at top now......seems if I get roadrunner and gmail does not populate unless I actually open mail, then the bar pops down shows you have mail? Seems the advantage to it now being there, you should not need to open mail for it to populate, is there a settings I missed?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PCUK said:
IOS 5 deliberately made Ipad 1 obsolete - Thanks Apple!

Really? No one told me or my iPad 1! How could I have not noticed that the iPad I am using right now is obsolete.....I feel so stupid!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts