What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 worth the update?

H

hazi1610

Hmm, having said I was having no problems since the update, I have discovered that when I log into my Samsung forum using safari, it appears to have been invaded by penguins. Lol.

Have logged in with a different browser and all appears normal, any ideas?

from Alison, sent from ipad2 us

Attachments

• image-675889492.png
    image-675889492.png
    386 KB · Views: 194

Ingoiolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, having said I was having no problems since the update, I have discovered that when I log into my Samsung forum using safari, it appears to have been invaded by penguins. Lol.

Really cool forum
I love those brats from Madagascar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NYHorsewoman said:
I'm printing fine with Printer Pro

I tried the lite version to see if it could print the sample items. Unfortunately it cannot (PnS has no problem going to my printer). The print to generic printer PDF does work though.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have found that iCloud is not as useful as was MobileMe. With MM one could access iDisk directly, not so with iC. MM would sync using XP, not so with iC. MM had sub accounts in family plans, not quite the same in iC. Numbers in Mac won't share IOS Number files in the iC. IC Photo Stream has a 30 day window and one cannot delete individual images from it. Sharing calendars/contacts took quite a bit of time to setup - not near as easy as MM. For me, it feels like a step backward. Fortunately I can use DropBox and mostly ignore iCloud.

H

hazi1610

hazi1610 said:

Problem now sorted, it was a bug, I completely closed safari and re opened it and all worked fine.

ipadoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikeV99 said:
I agree -- I am going bonkers trying to figure out what I should do. I used the print to PDF feature too. PnS emailed some workarounds

They have not been all that useful. Very disappointed.

Mike.

I use PrintCentral pro with its Weprint application for non wireless printer and is very useful. Try it!

PoetDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Milliebert said:
Just email the document to the printer. It works for me, I don't even get any headers or email info on the printout.

Can you post how to do this?

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ipadoc said:
I use PrintCentral pro with its Weprint application for non wireless printer and is very useful. Try it!

I have Print n Share with WePrint. I have no problems printing from P-n-S. I can no longer click on Print in all my apps - they tell me I do not have an AirPrint printer. So, one has to come up with work-arounds to somehow get the item to P-n-S. Basically the Print command was disabled.

vampirito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No wonder there is nothing new that comes flawless.... Im still struggling with my upgrade, but I got to tell you something. I'll keep on trying till I get it done.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 5 is absolutely rubbish! I waited for ever waiting to get an email saying when it is released having signed up to be notified but i still havent got the email. It is way more laggy and glitchy, safari is meant to be faster but it isnt responding too well and it doesnt have tabbed browsing. The camera looks like it is worse quality than before and i spent ages trying to zoom on it. iCloud backup still hasnt backed up and when ever my ipod is connect to my home network, itunes automaticly opens and the computer freezes. The only good thing is that you can syync whilst still using your idevice. I have an ipod touch 4 and these are most of the errors i have but i dont know if it is different on ipads or iphones. So i say wait till there is another update to fix these errors.

Sorry to hear that you have had trouble with the update. Do you have an iPad 1 or a 2?

lizliew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
Sorry to hear that you have had trouble with the update. Do you have an iPad 1 or a 2?

Sorry to hear about the glitches with ios5 for the ipod touch! The ipad upgrade was perfect.

SammyH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not too thrilled about the new Newsstand. It won't let you hide it in a folder. When I read news on my iPad, I do it on news sites, aggregates, etc. I have no interest in paid subscriptions.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not too thrilled about the new Newsstand. It won't let you hide it in a folder. When I read news on my iPad, I do it on news sites, aggregates, etc. I have no interest in paid subscriptions.
I dislike that you can't put Newsstand in a folder as well. I don't need it taking up space on my home screen. iBooks can be added to a folder, why not Newsstand?

Here's the link if you want to file a "bug report" (I think I will)...

Apple - iPad - Feedback

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NYHorsewoman said:
I'm printing fine with Printer Pro

Me too. Love printer pro! My HP printer doesn't work with apple air print so printer pro is totally worth it.

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SammyH said:

You cannot. Apple designed it to be a folder. Also, folders cannot be put into another folder unless ....

Press on any app (not Newsstand) for a few seconds. This should make all of the apps shaking.

Move one app into another. You’ve now created a folder.

This next step takes some time to do, quickly as the animation of the second app is getting put into the folder is happening, grab the Newsstand app and put into that folder. You must do it as the new folder is being built.

Once it is in the folder do not click on it ... It will hang.

HTHs

Mike

Most reactions

Latest posts