What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 worth the update?

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As an original iPad owner, I'm liking iOS5. I've downloaded the iOS5 guide in iBooks and finding out how to do the things I was most interested in. I just made my first album in iPhoto! I know I'll love upgrades by wifi. After not being able to stay connected to Apple's server for an hour, I got a good connection and after along backup the download and installation was fast but restoring 868 photos, 300+ apps, and other stuff was slow so I just let it go. I did use my iPad while it was restoring to set up my connection to iCloud. I think I've still got lots to learn. (the autocorrect stuff looks interesting)

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
guthrien said:
They didn't include it.

That's my least favorite theme taken from Apple this week. Removing or leaving out features that are obviously useable on other devices. Siri - iPad 2 and iPhone 4, Gestures - iPad 1, photo button - iPad 2

Agreed.

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
YES!! Especially since your iPad is new and doesn't have a ton of stuff on it yet. It will be easy for you!!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Its "worth" will be determined on a case by case basis. I just got my iPad 2 and its running 4.3.5 which has been perfect thus far. I do like some of the features of iOS5 but its nothing I have to have immediately. Ill hang loose for a little bit and maybe wait for 5.1 or 5.2 :)

toregilb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aften updating to IOS5 , autorotation no longer works When i rotate the device , nothing happens. I verified that it is not locked by the slide button. What am I doing wrong ?

Last edited:

southwisper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
toregilb said:
Aften updating to IOS5 , autorotation no longer works When i rotate the device , nothing happens. I verified that it is not locked by the slide button. What am I doing wrong ?

Try switching off iPad and restart

toregilb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
toregilb said:
thanks but I tried that already. Same result

It seems to work in some cases. But e.g. This forum page is only viewed correctly in "narrow" mode. When I rotate it to "wide" mode, it stays unrotated. That can't be correct , I assume ?

tglaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
toregilb said:
thanks but I tried that already. Same result

Did you try a reset? If no, hold down the power button and the home button until you see the Apple logo. Maybe that will do the trick.

toregilb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried that without luck. But it gave me another idea, namely resetting back to factory settings.
That helped !
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Apart from that, IOS5 is well worth installing.
ICloud gives you the chance to track your device if it is lost or stolen. And it works !

OP
TrxSlash

TrxSlash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jackblack said:
What are the multitouch gestures??

Sent from my iPad 2

They are easier ways to navigate. When an app is open, take 4 fingers and swipe left or right, this toggles through you apps without having to go back to the home screen. While in an app, instead of pressing the home button take 5 fingers and pinch them together on the screen, this will exit out of the app.

That's all I know right now.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

06Honda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated without any issues but do not see much difference for my daily use. It will come in handy now that you are PC free, other than that not much else is different in daily IPAD use.

DavidBruce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Milliebert said:
Just email the document to the printer. It works for me, I don't even get any headers or email info on the printout.

It is a bad decision on apples part a lot of people will not be able to print due to this shutting down of the printing interface.

Most reactions

Latest posts