What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS5 worries

gsumner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hear that the new operating system can spread information you have on one device to all of your other devices. This worries me slightly ! Does this mean say ....... I'm out with the lads and take some photos on my iPhone ........ Minutes later it ends up on my wife's iPod touch ?

COMMON APPLE PLEASE SAY THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS :-(

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apps you purchase, will show up on other iDevices, if you enable that function. I believe nothing will be transferred to another device, unless you allow it to. That's the first thing I disabled on my iOS 5b2 device.

Last edited:
OP
G

gsumner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Quick question,
If your married, why are you out messin' with other women? :D

And yes, that feature can be turned off.

You gots some splainin' to do.

There was no mention of anything devious in my post. Especially women :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gsumner said:

Oh! You said lads. I thought you said ladies.
You British people and your words..... :D

lenbo41

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would hope the OS would let u decide what to sync and not sync between devices.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Quick question,
If your married, why are you out messin' with other women? :D

And yes, that feature can be turned off.

You gots some splainin' to do.

You opened that can of worms ~ if you meant to or not. It was the impression you gave.

Could have left that part out.;)

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm curious how this will work. It would be great to share the same apps between my Touch and iPhone but I don't want these same apps on my iPad as I have a different usage pattern with it. I wonder if we can also limit it by device as opposed to just categories i.e. apps, music, videos etc.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First release, you will likely have to remove the unwanted App after its been synced

I suspect over time this feature as well as the picture auto copy feature will have many more options as users express their desires and frustrations.

I know I don't want every picture I take on my phone showing up on my iPad and in iPhoto automatically.

-t

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will only sync if your wife uses the same iTunes account. Things will sync to devices with the same account

Sent from my iPad 2 32GB White using iPF

OP
G

gsumner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We use the same iTunes account. It would madness to have 2 iTunes accounts and pay twice for everything wouldn't it.

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't need 2 accounts to have the stuff on 2 devices. Once you buy it, it'd on iTunes, then just sync both devices

Sent from my Desire HD using iPad Forums

Most reactions