What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS5 upgrade-no iTunes

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ever since I upgraded to IOS5, I can no longer connect to the iTunes store. I can still update installed apps by typing in my iTunes password. But, if I try to purchase an app and type in my same password, it tells me " cannot connect
to iTunes store. Is a "restore" my only option? Anyone else with this issue?

thanks,
Mark

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ever since I upgraded to IOS5, I can no longer connect to the iTunes store. I can still update installed apps by typing in my iTunes password. But, if I try to purchase an app and type in my same password, it tells me " cannot connect
to iTunes store. Is a "restore" my only option? Anyone else with this issue?

thanks,
Mark
That sounds frustrating Mark. Do you have Restrictions enabled? Settings > General > Restrictions.

If it's not that, here's the standard "to do's" when the iPad doesn't behave. Give each a try in succession and see if it doesn't clear up.

Quit Apps: To quit an app double press the Home button and the Multitasking Tray will appear at the bottom of the screen revealing all of the open apps. Tap and hold any app icon until all of the icons start jiggling. A red circle with a "-" (minus sign) will appear in the upper left-hand corner of each icon. Tap the red circle and the app will close.

Restart the iPad: Press and hold down the Sleep/wake switch on the top edge of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the Sleep/wake switch until the Apple logo appears.

Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake switch on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again. More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it do the same thing if you try to buy music or if you go thru your PC or wherever you set up your account?

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can buy music and apps with no issues on iTunes on the PC.
Hmmm. Doesn't sound account related then. I had something similar happen once. I tried to buy something with my iPad and no matter how many times I typed in the same password I'd been using since I bought it, it said it was wrong and to try again. I finally gave up and decided to take it to the Apple store the next day. Then next morning it just started working again. Maybe try charging it tonight and see if things change in the morning? Good luck.

OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iDave23

I'll do as you say. But, this has been going on for weeks. I can usually figure out stuff like this but, this has me baffled.
Thanks,
Mark

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try scrolling to the bottom of the page in the App Store. On most pages you'll see your Apple ID in a button. Tap it to sign out, then sign back on again. This sometimes helps.

This sign in is specific to the app, so don't expect one sign in to affect the other stores (Apps, iTunes, iBooks).

OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerpoet,

You are nothing short of a genius!
I can download apps again.
I am in your debt.

Mark

Most reactions

Latest posts