What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 update fails

ajricaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The update process fails with an error msg. that there was a problem w/the restore process. My PC is running Win7/64 and updated to iOS5 w/o a problem. My iPad (original, 16 GB Wi-Fi) syncs fine but no update for me. I'm apparently out of warranty so any help is greatly appreciated.

will.vandenoort

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Error 3200? I had that - over and over again - and put the iPad in DFU mode, updated it through that restoration method and that worked :)

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lots of discussion all over the net. Best guess is that the error is just a default when the servers are overloaded. No method "works." It's just luck of the draw. Or as they say at Apple, "It just works."

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Over in MacRumors there is a forum thread that gains a page in the time it takes to read a page, all about the issue with the server overload. Apple does not say it is overloaded, just various error messages. On Macs, it is usually that there was an unknown internal error. So it is be patient and try in the off hours or in a day or two, or just keep trying and luck out.

Most reactions

Latest posts