What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 releases October 12th as a free upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

theryanreeves

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still nothing yet....I woke up early for nothing...aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.....lol

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
richsadams said:
iOS 5 will drop Wednesday, October 12th likely at 10 a.m. U.S. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), the same hour that a majority of other upgrades have been released. Be aware that Apple's servers will be heavily taxed and it may take a while to get a decent connection. Waiting a few hours is often a good idea.

Time Zone Converter

Yes I know I am in NYC. 1PM EDT!! lol

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF

mrjaffa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, will we be able to jailbreak ios5? on iPad 2 and iPhone 4? Any ideas?

:)

d4k007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a leaked copy of the restore file online, it is the version that is being released later today 6pm uk time. Confirmed by iTunes when I plugged my iPad into the pc.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found a leaked copy of the restore file online, it is the version that is being released later today 6pm uk time. Confirmed by iTunes when I plugged my iPad into the pc.

You waited until the day of official release and then installed the GM version? Could you not have waited a few extra hours?

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
If you are updating your iPad to IOS 5 read this before you do, https://twitter.com/res911cue/status/124098104411693056
It looks to me like the primary purpose of this tweet is let everyone know that when iOS 5 is installed, you lose the 4, 5-finger gestures. This is no big deal to me as I don't use them anyway (and I can keep my iPad 1 on 4.3 if I want - which does have the 4, 5-fingered salute, but I still don't use it - much).

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys iOS 5 is not going live until 10:00 am, Cupertino time.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts