What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 releases October 12th as a free upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 5 requires iTunes 10.5 so go ahead and update that now. Then iTunes will tell you the iOS update is available for your device just like past releases.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will the download be in app store or iTunes? Where is the update for ios5 located? HELP!

Sent from my iPad 2

It'll be in iTunes on your computer. Hook up with USB cord, as usual, then you'll be prompted to load the newest OS. It's supposed to be available to most users on Oct. 12.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dgstorm said:
Apple has announced the latest iOS v5 will be released October 12th, less then two weeks away at no cost for end users. The software upgrade will work on the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad, iPod Touch 4th gen, iPod Touch 3rd gen and of course the yet to be announced iPhones.

I was able to update iTunes no luck with IOS 5

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Trumpet444 said:
Dang I've had it for days. Ya'll could've used the GM edition

I am chicken as I said in the iPhone forum lmao!!! No update on iTunes for me yet. Think i will go to bed soon. YAWNNNN...

cersdo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got only iTunes update 10.5
No iOS 5.
And now it's shows me that next update will be 19.10.2011

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Canth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated iTunes this morning (UK 05:15). left for work 06:20 still no iOS 5. I believe it should be available today (12oct 2011) some when......
Awaiting iPhone 4s delivery

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 5 will drop Wednesday, October 12th likely at 10 a.m. U.S. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), the same hour that a majority of other upgrades have been released. Be aware that Apple's servers will be heavily taxed and it may take a while to get a decent connection. Waiting a few hours is often a good idea.

Time Zone Converter

AceLizard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jackblack said:
Will the download be in app store or iTunes? Where is the update for ios5 located? HELP!

Sent from my iPad 2

Like all other updates, I suspect iOS 5 will come from the iTunes store. Not until you've upgraded your unit will any subsequent updates be available from your device. At least, that is what I've been reading and have come to understand.

Sent from my iPad (64Gb/WiFi/3G)

d4k007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just updated to the new iOS 5 and it's great. The new tweaks are very good especially the keyboard split. Notifications centre is a lot better but it's a shame they don't stretch to the whole of the screen width on the iPad 2. The mail app is a little nicer to.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
d4k007 said:
I have just updated to the new iOS 5 and it's great. The new tweaks are very good especially the keyboard split. Notifications centre is a lot better but it's a shame they don't stretch to the whole of the screen width on the iPad 2. The mail app is a little nicer to.

How did you get it to download?? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts