What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 releases October 12th as a free upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Not at this time ~ I don't think there is enough power to run it, someone stated.

Can you post a link if what you read? My Padi has phenomenal 10-hr battery!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you post a link if what you read? My Padi has phenomenal 10-hr battery!

Mine too! But Siri isn't going to be on the ipad at this time.

Let's stay on topic here ~ which is IOS5, not the new iphone:)

By one of our esteemed members:

" Cannot. Siri requires more ram than the iPad 2 has.

You won't see this version of Siri until the iPad 3..."

Last edited:

danlaw777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am on the beta for ios5 and it has some pretty cool features. The 1 thing I did notice this was an auto install of apps that I downloaded from my iPad and then saw that my iPhone had them too.....presuming of course that they worked on the iPhone.

The iMessage service is ok too...just another chat feature, and instill trying to figure out iCloud...
Case in point, I bought transformers 3 combo pack....used the code to download it to my iPad, but the 2.2 gigs doesn't show up as part of my 5 free gigs of storage, it shows I have only used 500mbytes.....but I have have about 7 gigs of data on my iPad

So where's my iCloud backup????

I hope they put out a gooder explanation of iCloud......and I used that word on purpose cuz what they have now is just as confusing...

deano2806

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry but all can say is if someone wants all the best latest features on a iPhone, then I am afraid there is No other option but to upgrade to a iPhone 4S which is to be released on 14th, as I currently own a 3GS with which has served me well, but as soon as OS 4 was released I missed out on a Hell of a lot of features like Find My iPhone as well as tons of new ringtones & text notifications, Led flash, improved camera, Retina display, so do you see where I am going with this? iPhone 3GS is old tech now, so I got a text from my network provider on Friday telling me I can now pre order a iPhone 4S, with which I immediately did once I got home from work that morning, so I for 1 am quite excited in getting the new iPhone 4S on or after 14th of this month, as I will obviously sync my 3GS for the 1 final time on Wednesday 12th for OS5, as soon afterwards I will be getting 4S :)

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am on the beta for ios5 and it has some pretty cool features. The 1 thing I did notice this was an auto install of apps that I downloaded from my iPad and then saw that my iPhone had them too.....presuming of course that they worked on the iPhone. you can turn this off in iTunes.
auto-download-tip-itunes.jpg

and instill trying to figure out iCloud...
Case in point, I bought transformers 3 combo pack....used the code to download it to my iPad, but the 2.2 gigs doesn't show up as part of my 5 free gigs of storage, it shows I have only used 500mbytes.....but I have about 7 gigs of data on my iPad.

I hope they put out a gooder explanation of iCloud......and I used that word on purpose cuz what they have now is just as confusing...
Check this video.....skip to 41:13 and your answer is explained in less than a minute, listen and pause if you have to....and watch the iCloud keynote, it starts from 34:00.
Apple - Apple Events - Apple Special Event October 2011

there you go.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iMessage service is ok too...just another chat feature, and instill trying to figure out iCloud...
Case in point, I bought transformers 3 combo pack....used the code to download it to my iPad, but the 2.2 gigs doesn't show up as part of my 5 free gigs of storage, it shows I have only used 500mbytes.....but I have have about 7 gigs of data on my iPad

iCloud backs up your settings and personal user content. All iTunes content such as movies, pod casts, music, apps and pretty much anything you can download from the iTunes store is not backed up there because you can simply redownload it from the store - that is why you now have your purchased tab in the stores on your device. Beware though that content in third party apps such pdf files in Goodreader or a film in Movie player app will be backed up though.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wonder if there'll be any badly needed updates to the app store as well? Desperately need a download tab ala iTunes download tab for multiple music downloads instead of app store auto-closing to download/install. Or fixing the nasty bug when looking at pages of apps, choosing one to read description then returning back to list where you left off only to be kicked back to the 1st page of the listing...very frustrating.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a queue option in App store like there is in iTunes? can you select what to download and type in password, but it will download in bkgd instead of taking you to homescreen. This new iOS 5 feature would b appreciated!!!!

AceLizard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OneMarcil said:
The coolest thing will be the ability to sync the devices with out hooking to to the computer as well as all every owned "I" device being synced to every owned "I" device automatically.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 32 GB

Is this going to be an option or something that will be compulsory? While my iPad is both WiFi and 3G, I don't have a WifFi connection at home at the present time, which means that in order to pick up the larger updates (over 20Mb), I have to locate a public WiFi source. However, one doesn't need WiFi at all if you're just going to sync.

Personally, I hope it's an option so that I can continue to use my cable to backup my iPad and not have to worry about the availability of WiFi.

Sent from my iPad. 64Gb/WiFi/3G

Daniz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's 00:04 in 12 oct in uk .. So When it will open for download ?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jackblack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will the download be in app store or iTunes? Where is the update for ios5 located? HELP!

Sent from my iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions