What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 releases October 12th as a free upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

p3unit32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Really? Do you know what I'll get and not get?

It will depend on the hardware, the 3GS has much lower hardware spec compared to the 4' and 4S. If all the features are added it would drastically slow the phone down, or lag really bad.

p3unit32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
p3unit32 said:
It will depend on the hardware, the 3GS has much lower hardware spec compared to the 4' and 4S. If all the features are added it would drastically slow the phone down, or lag really bad.

Keep in mind things like the video recording, the camera, picture editing might not make it because of the processor and camera I don't quite remember but the 3GS's camera is 2MP. The 4 and 4S are 2X and 4X that, not to mention the 3GS's process is a MHz processor not the today's standard GHz process. Plus the standard in GHz processors has been for a while dual core which really helps with application processing, games, and other types of media.

The 3GS will be good, don't get me wrong, but it will not be like the 4 or 4S. If you're eligible for the upgrade get the 4S, or the 4 8GB model which is $99 but I would get the 4S. I'll post anything else that I find, hopes this helps.

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The update to iOS5 was the thing that I was most looking forward to. Then they talked about the upgraded camera on the 4S. I'll be ditching Android next week. :)

adi_149

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bww said:
Was about to buy an ipad 2 from an apple store. If I wait until after the 12th will iOS 5 be already installed?

If you buy it even today... u will get the new iOS5 installed. It says on the Apple website... go check it :D

adi_149

iPF Noob
Reaction score
adi_149 said:
If you buy it even today... u will get the new iOS5 installed. It says on the Apple website... go check it :D

Oh just saw the date.. u asked this long back :p got a lil confused haha... ma bad...!!

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh just saw the date.. u asked this long back :p got a lil confused haha... ma bad...!!

I bought mine yesterday and the first thing iTunes asked is if I wanted to pdate to 4.3.5. Maybe if you order on line you'll get iOS5 but it's reasonable to say the product in stock has what it left the factory with a while ago.

p3unit32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Really? Do you know what I'll get and not get?

I just learned that Siri the personal assistant may not be on the iPhone 4, exclusive to the 4S because of the processing power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts