What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 releases October 12th as a free upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackblack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Odds are the server connection is timing out. Millions of folks are updating not only their iOS devices, but Lion, iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie and some other just-released applications.

I'm thinking Apple might have done well to stagger some of them, but it is what it is.

Best bet is to either keep trying or wait a few hours or days until things quiet down.

Thanks, I got it! What other new apps were just released? Did I miss this? Thank you.

Sent from my iPad 2

HoJo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fell asleep but got thru without an itch. My only problem is that I got a message in iCloud that due to high demand I have to remain with MobileMe.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fell asleep but got thru without an itch. My only problem is that I got a message in iCloud that due to high demand I have to remain with MobileMe.
I got the "try again later" message when I tried to migrate from MobileMe to iCloud. I tried several times throughout the day and night, but the last time I tried it worked. I think it just depends on the server load at that moment.

It's all set up now. A nice plus is that MobileMe users get 20GB's of iCloud space for free until June 30, 2012 plus the normal 5GB's for a total of 25GB's...and your MobileMe account is still active until June 30th 2012 as well.

What will really be nice is if Apple allows us to combine our iTunes and iCloud ID's. You can't do that now but I've read several stories, two with confirmations from Apple that they're working on it.

So keep trying, or wait a day or so and try then.

dean17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Updated iPad2 to ios5 without too many problems (thanks largely to posts on this forum), but all my Notes have disappeared (other data fine). This is a major disaster for me. Any ideas on how to recover would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation,

Dean.

HoJo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
I got the "try again later" message when I tried to migrate from MobileMe to iCloud. I tried several times throughout the day and night, but the last time I tried it worked. I think it just depends on the server load at that moment.

It's all set up now. A nice plus is that MobileMe users get 20GB's of iCloud space for free until June 30, 2012 plus the normal 5GB's for a total of 25GB's...and your MobileMe account is still active until June 30th 2012 as well.

What will really be nice is if Apple allows us to combine our iTunes and iCloud ID's. You can't do that now but I've read several stories, two with confirmations from Apple that they're working on it.

So keep trying, or wait a day or so and try then.

Yeah, I got thru now. I am anxious to combine both IDs. I too do have the 25GB. How do you access your mucus in the iTunes library from your iPad using iClouds. I thought I could access any song from any device.

p3unit32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! There's still people having issues with the iOS 5 download. I'm fortunate that started early.

ELSELS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone successfully, been able to upgrade their iPod Touch,
via wireless connection, (NOT LAN) - (on the host computer)?

Thanks!

Have a nice day,

Ed

pjtiern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Big day Apple-wise for me. Registered for this group (finally), upgraded my Mac to Lion, upgraded my IPhone and I Pad 2 to Ios 5. It all took a long time because I do not have the fastest internet connection, but overall went really well. So far I put my mouse back to what I am used to. Got to find the Cards app next. Thanks for all past and future tips!

Stephen Belgium

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi trying to upgrade . Got iTunes 10.5 ok downloaded 5.0 tried to upgrade says not enough room on my pc to back it up as I need 9GB free or I will lose data. But is it not all on iTunes anyway.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
richsadams said:

/QUOTE]
My subscription lapsed 6 months ago and Apple told me that I could use the ID when iCloud was implemented. I set up a new iCloud ID for now and will try to migrate my old one once the upgrade dust settles and my new iPhone 4S arrives. They said my old data will still be there. Hope so.

ceh23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2 quick questions guys...

New to Apple and just got my iPad 2 last week.

1 - Upgraded to iOS 5, it made me create a "me" email. I cant use my Apple account for icloud?

2 - The iOS says I have 5. Upgrade went smoot except whenever I try to connect to the iCloud. I tried to turn on the backup, but keeps saying try again later. Is it really due to bandwidth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions