What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 releases October 12th as a free upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
purnomosetiawan said:
download failed after 713 mb..3 mb to go.....i still cant believe my luck....

I had bad luck, too. And when I went to update my mom's iPhone, she lost her apps. Keep trying... I had to try three times before it worked right on my iPad.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ELSELS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Well so far, my first ever attempt at using the iPod Touch, and updating it, has failed.

Not because of the internet, it shows it is not NEEDING the iOS 5 update...! SIGH.

I am in contact now with the person I purchased it from, as there is an issue as to which
generation this really is or isn't?

I have entered a ton of information into the various searches and sites online, serial #, model #, etc.
and the results are MIXED to say the least, first it says 2nd generation (which I know won't upgrade).

Then depending on where you read which particular website, it is 3rd generation...

I really find it odd that Apple can't 'Auto-Detect' its products, as other company's can, online, to
confirm (or deny) the exact model and current generation status of the said products...

The saga continues.... sigh...

Hope everyone else is able to upgrade without any issues...

Thanks for reading,

Ed

ELSELS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problems with iPad 2. Took iPhone 4 3 hours until I resolved that comp couldn't verify over wireless. Needed ole LAN hookup. IOS 5 up n running.

Hello,

Did you upgrade to iOS 5 on your iPad using wireless, but only couldn't do it you mean, with your iPhone 4?

Did you happen to by any chance upgrade an iPod Touch? If so, was that through wireless?

One more question, :) - what do you mean about the comp couldn't verify over wireless? Verify what? That is NEEDED iOS 5?

Thanks!

Ed

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've managed to do my iPhone and just finished my iPad. My apps are just all over the place, but I feel I've accomplished something regardless. Thanks so much to Rich, all your posts today have been so helpful, without you I think a lot of us would have been in the dark. APPLAUSE for Rich!! Thank you

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've managed to do my iPhone and just finished my iPad. My apps are just all over the place, but I feel I've accomplished something regardless. Thanks so much to Rich, all your posts today have been so helpful, without you I think a lot of us would have been in the dark. APPLAUSE for Rich!! Thank you
Just glad things went well...it's been a long haul for all of us.

Congratulations!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gosh rich. You have been busy. Well done. I don't know what all these people would have done without you. Thanks from a grateful member of ipf. 

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much to Rich, all your posts today have been so helpful, without you I think a lot of us would have been in the dark. APPLAUSE for Rich!! Thank you

same here, rich did a good job...i was checking in too, to give some advice if needed, but he had it covered.

although i have 6 devices that i could've added iOS 5, i didn't update any yet. I might do 1, but i prefer untethered.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. At one point we had well over 30,000 people on the iPad forum. Our sister iPhone and Mac forums had similar traffic. Things slowed noticeably...at least for me...so I can't imagine what Apple's servers were enduring!

Thanks again for everyone's patience and support! :thumbs:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm still on my iPad update from yesterday still 12 hours+. Looks like I'm going to work without my iPad. Will feel lost without it. 

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Unfortunately I'm still on my iPad update from yesterday still 12 hours+. Looks like I'm going to work without my iPad. Will feel lost without it. 

I can identify with that, I felt a little lost without it just for the time it was updating. But gees yours is taking a long time!!

HoJo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My upgrade going on slowly but surely. Just over on hour but still downloading. I am doing both iOS5 and Lion OX simultaneously.

ELSELS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. At one point we had well over 30,000 people on the iPad forum. Our sister iPhone and Mac forums had similar traffic. Things slowed noticeably...at least for me...so I can't imagine what Apple's servers were enduring!

Thanks again for everyone's patience and support! :thumbs:

Hello,

I am interested in joining the 'sister' Mac forums, where is that located? (link please?)

Thanks!

Have a nice evening,

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts