What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 releases October 12th as a free upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iphone-ios5-release-oc12.png

Apple has announced the latest iOS v5 will be released October 12th, less then two weeks away at no cost for end users. The software upgrade will work on the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad, iPod Touch 4th gen, iPod Touch 3rd gen and of course the yet to be announced iPhones.

rajtech113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this mean icloud is able to be used on oct 12 too? I've been waiting for that.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The coolest thing will be the ability to sync the devices with out hooking to to the computer as well as all every owned "I" device being synced to every owned "I" device automatically.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 32 GB

AndyC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still curious if the AirPlay mirroring will work with the original iPad. I know they only mentioned the iPad 2 but I'm hoping this will be a pleasant surprise when it comes out next week.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So excited. Can't wait til I get an iPhone 4S too so iCloud will sync my photos from my phone to my iPad. It'll be bliss!

p3unit32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't wait to download it! I wish I were getting the iPhone 4S when it's released also, but I'll have to wait.

jackblack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woo....so excited. I think it's going to be fabulous. Can't wait. :)

Sent from my iPad 2

bww

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was about to buy an ipad 2 from an apple store. If I wait until after the 12th will iOS 5 be already installed?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bww said:
Was about to buy an ipad 2 from an apple store. If I wait until after the 12th will iOS 5 be already installed?

I can't see that happening that soon, you'll have to connect to iTunes regardless to install it. They may offer it instore.

So glad it will be available for 3 GS iPhone though. Can't wait to try it out.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still curious if the AirPlay mirroring will work with the original iPad. I know they only mentioned the iPad 2 but I'm hoping this will be a pleasant surprise when it comes out next week.

unfortunately...to my understanding, the Airplay mirroring will only work for the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, so HDMI for mirroring or just stick to regular airplay.

maybe jailbreak allows this mirroring we speak of, but first worry about iOS 5.

p3unit32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
I can't see that happening that soon, you'll have to connect to iTunes regardless to install it. They may offer it instore.

So glad it will be available for 3 GS iPhone though. Can't wait to try it out.

Yeah, but a lot of features will be missing in the 3GS.

p3unit32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OneMarcil said:
The coolest thing will be the ability to sync the devices with out hooking to to the computer as well as all every owned "I" device being synced to every owned "I" device automatically.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 32 GB

Yeah, that's a huge plus for me. I will no longer have to worry about trying to figure out how to get certain content from one iOS device to another. Really I never had to. I lost my iPhone 4 before I got my iPad 2. So I can't wait til Wednesday evening or when ever they'll release the update. And I can't wait until I'm able to get my hands on a iPhone 4S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts