What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS5 release confirmed for 12th October

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
Just curious about 'major' Apple iOS version upgrades, i.e. going from 4.x to 5.0 - usually w/ PC upgrades, I've not liked being the first 'kid on the block' w/ a *.0 version, just seems to be potentially 'buggy' and often wait for a few minor updates.

So (and I know the 'new' features of iOS 5), is the best choice to 'jump in' immediately and upgrade to iOS 5 or wait a few weeks to see what revisions might appear - just curious what the experienced Apple pros here have to say? Thanks - :)

I've always been an early adopter of OSX and iOS upgrades, never ever had a problem. The biggest issue nowadays is the sheer volume of upgraders as this puts tremendous pressure on the servers.

You tend to find that there is a big difference between Apple first edition releases and those that I have known from MS.....although there is always the exception to prove the rule!

Nicksoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody
I have iOS 4.3.2 on my ipad, iTunes suggest me to update the firmware to 4.3.5; can I skip this update and go for ios 5 directly when it will be released?

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nicksoft said:
Hi everybody
I have iOS 4.3.2 on my ipad, iTunes suggest me to update the firmware to 4.3.5; can I skip this update and go for ios 5 directly when it will be released?

Just wait for iOS 5, skip 4.3.5

Nicksoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wait for iOS 5, skip 4.3.5
Thanks; In iTunes I see only UPDATE and RESTORE buttons, I will wait half an hour and try to reconnect my device to see the update
bye!
edit : menu "?" and "verify updates" will work

Ni2in

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just connected my iPad 2 to the pc after upgrading iTunes to 10.5, and it shows a msg : This iPad cannot be used because the Apple Mobile Device service is not started. How do I back up my iPad onto iTunes?

Most reactions

Latest posts