What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS5 - Photo Stream Question

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
rustymailbox.blogspot.com
See that any new photo goes into photo stream. Problem is, how does one delete photos from photo stream? I had a picture that I deleted from the folder it was in (terrible - didn't want it) and it remains in photo stream. I like to bury it far away.

Sent from my iPad using 

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Log on to www.icloud.com from your computer, not your iPad

Click on your username on the top right side of the screen.

When the "Account" window appears, click on advanced. Then click on "Reset Photo Stream".

This will delete all the photos.. Unfortunately there is no way to delete one or two..

Very intuitive... right :) .. Just as a note of interest.. This does not work for me.. I've done this many times but all the photos I had in the stream remain there :( Perhaps you'll have more luck

Last edited:

kwgrimes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe you would first have to delete the offending photo from the source on you iPad end, otherwise, it will just resynch to iCloud again. Then delete the entire photostream as described above and the next time iCloud syncs, it should be gone.

OP
TMWeddle

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
jwt873 said:
Log on to www.icloud.com

Click on your username on the top right side of the screen.

When the "Account" window appears, click on advanced. Then click on "Reset Photo Stream".

This will delete all the photos.. Unfortunately there is no way to delete one or two..

Very intuitive... right :) .. Just as a note of interest.. This does not work for me.. I've done this many times but all the photos I had in the stream remain there :( Perhaps you'll have more luck

What you didn't mention was to do this from the computer. Before I did it from the computer I went to settings on my IOS5 devices and deleted the photos from each device's stream. Finally in the end, all the old photos in the photo stream are gone! I guess that is what to do if one really wants to get rid of a photo in the stream and the cloud. Thanks!!!!!

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm currently working with Apple to correct a server problem ( on their end ) it won't allow me to delete anything in "photo stream"

Memphis_Raines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't help thinking Apple really haven't thought the operation of photostream through at all, I can't imagine anyone genuinely wanting every single snap they take uploaded to the cloud and synched to all other devices, I use my iphone 4 camera quite a lot, sometimes I'll take 3 or 4 shots of the same thing and just delete the ones that aren't up to scratch, they will however, all get uploaded to the cloud, so i then have to clear everything out of photo stream to get rid of the junk regardless of whether there are photos in there I'd like to keep, surely there must be a better way? I currently have photostream switched off on both phone and iPad.

Sean

OP
TMWeddle

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Memphis_Raines said:
I can't help thinking Apple really haven't thought the operation of photostream through at all, I can't imagine anyone genuinely wanting every single snap they take uploaded to the cloud and synched to all other devices, I use my iphone 4 camera quite a lot, sometimes I'll take 3 or 4 shots of the same thing and just delete the ones that aren't up to scratch, they will however, all get uploaded to the cloud, so i then have to clear everything out of photo stream to get rid of the junk regardless of whether there are photos in there I'd like to keep, surely there must be a better way? I currently have photostream switched off on both phone and iPad.

Sean

I read that they are only in the cloud for 30 days. If you want to keep a shot put it in a folder in your device, I guess.

southwisper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
after you reset from icould.com (access from pc /mac) you also need to switch off the photo stream from settings - iCloud.

Press delete photos when asked ... Turn on the photo stream setting and photos are gone from iCloud

:)

stjohnm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Memphis_Raines said:

Sean

I'm finding the service unreliable at best sometimes it doesn't sync photos to the stream even when everything is on and attached to wifi etc The only time I've tried to upload from my computer, just to see if it worked...it didn't sometimes I'll take/save multiple photos, it'll save them to the stream but when I turn on my computer and attach to the web it won't push the photos to the computer, or it will push some and not others. On the iCloud website (for Mac/PC) there should be another tab to enable the user to manage their photostream manually.

thebirdman7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ultimately apple will fix this and it depends on how you use your photos but if you create albums and file your photos therein, they are stored even once you clear out your photo stream. The thing I don't like is the fact that I was forced to create albums on my computer in the past. Now those albums are locked on the phone/iPad and I cannot add to them, but any albums I create on the phone/iPad I can add to. I can't imagine apple not supporting deletion out of the stream in a future version, since it only saves them disk space in the long run. I think in the short run we just have to get used to the idea that the stream is there to help us and trying to control what it looks like is really not the point.

Most reactions

Latest posts