IOS5 ipad 1

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by bobtaill, Oct 25, 2011.

1. bobtaill

bobtaill iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone.I amsearching for help and found your sitealong with someone who has the same issue I encounteredafter downloading IOS5 tomu gen 1 ipad.I can not get my email accounts .. nor can i get into the settings to add passwords or change email accounts....do not have contactapp available either....really upsets me as I had become really found of the ease of all email accounts on the ipad.Can anyonehelp give insite....have restored and tried everything....I m stuck!!
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Try rebooting the iPad by pressing and holding the Power and Home buttons for about 6-9 seconds until the white Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. If the problem persists have a look at our Troubleshooting iOS5 thread in the iOS section of the Forum.

Tim
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
    Scotland
  4. richsadams

richsadams iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0
    It sounds like Restrictions may be activated. Are the email, contacts, etc. grayed out? If so...

Open Settings App > General > Restrictions > Tap on "Disable Restrictions" and enter your passcode if needed > Accounts > Tap "Allow Changes". That should make all of those apps and settings active again.

If you're "missing" any apps, be sure to check all of your screens (swipe left on the home screen as needed) as some new apps were added during the upgrade causing some existing apps to be moved. Also check inside your folders for any missing apps.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes!
  5. Tim SPRACKLEN

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Great suggestion, Rich..should have thought of that...:(

Tim
  6. richsadams

richsadams iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0
    I happened to note that someone else had a similar issue recently and it came to mind. I don't know why the upgrade would have changed the Restrictions settings, but you never know! :)