What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 doesn't keep me logged into forums :(

daisbuys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

On every forum I am a member of I have to sign in nearly every time I use them.

As an example, If I keep this page open and then open another tab, every time I come back to this site I need to log myself back in......even though I tick the "remember me" box when signing in!

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know why, but just want to add that in the app, I don't get the push notifications, so I never get a little number to tell me there are posts I'm subscribed to. I used to get that. Since iOS5 however, it has stopped. As soon as I open the app, the subscriptions come through.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

As an example, If I keep this page open and then open another tab, every time I come back to this site I need to log myself back in......even though I tick the "remember me" box when signing in!

Thanks in advance
It sounds like you're accessing forums with Safari or another web browser on your iPad. If that's the case, Safari doesn't behave on the iPad in the same way it does on a computer. Safari reloads web pages when you return to them so you might have to log in again. The best thing to do is to use a dedicated forum app if there's one available. We have an iPF App that's just for our members:

App Store - Discussion Forum for iPad Users

If there isn't a dedicated forum app, there are other iPad forum programs, the most popular being ForumRunner. Like our own iPF App, ForumRunner can remember your login's, etc.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know why, but just want to add that in the app, I don't get the push notifications, so I never get a little number to tell me there are posts I'm subscribed to. I used to get that. Since iOS5 however, it has stopped. As soon as I open the app, the subscriptions come through.
I didn't think about it, but I'm having the same experience. I'll notify the Admin to see if we can't get this corrected. Thanks for the "heads up". :thumbs:

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Milliebert said:

I get the number but it's always wrong and it was wrong before the update as well, but now the parse error is becoming a big problem.

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks in advance

Same problem here.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get the number but it's always wrong and it was wrong before the update as well, but now the parse error is becoming a big problem.
They're working with the developer on it...hopefully it'll be resolved for us very soon! Thanks for your patience.

OP
D

daisbuys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI, I've found this doesn't work if your have private browsing toggled on in Safari (under Settings).

I tried that but safari fails to open....it pops up for a brief second and then closes!

PS having some luck with auto fill at the moment, so hopefully that resolves it?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried that but safari fails to open....it pops up for a brief second and then closes!

PS having some luck with auto fill at the moment, so hopefully that resolves it?

I don't understand what you've just said, but if you found that something's working for you, great.

Most reactions

Latest posts