What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 Beta 1 redsn0w JB available now

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
MuscleNerd has announced on twitter that a beta TETHERED JB for iOS 5 Beta 1 is available from the Dev-Team Blog.

AND FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT THIS IS NOT FOR IPAD2 OWNERS!
Only devices which are already pwnd for life are supported, so for our purposes, this is the iPad1 :)

The JB beta is for Mac developers only, otherwise you are being a dirty rotten pirate, and you know what we say around here... Don't be a Pirate!

If you are a registered developer, fill yer boots. However, be warned...

No support should be sought or provided on these forums in relation to this beta jailbreak.
The Dev-Team Blog is VERY CLEAR that lots of stuff is broken. This release is really for JB developers to help get their apps and tweaks ready for the iOS5 release. It is not for the general public!

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I had no idea you were a jailbreak app developer ;)

SSSSHHHH!!!!! :D
I had a friend register my UDID so I am legal.
I did make 2 winter board themes but I don't think that really qualifies me as a dev.
I do do a lot of my own hacks and stuff with ifile. I am becoming quite a master of the filesystem. :)

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SSSSHHHH!!!!! :D
I had a friend register my UDID so I am legal.
I did make 2 winter board themes but I don't think that really qualifies me as a dev.:)

You are missing the point of my statement. Read my original post again, and read the DevTeam blog before you proceed to avoid disappointment. Virtually nothing is working, including Mobile Substrate. Good luck with that.

Furthermore, as a point of clarity for you and everyone else who uses this forum, having your UDID registered to install the beta DOES NOT make it legal. You are not the owner of the SDK subscription, therefore you are not legally entitled to install it.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
You are missing the point of my statement. Read my original post again, and read the DevTeam blog before you proceed to avoid disappointment. Virtually nothing is working, including Mobile Substrate. Good luck with that.

Furthermore, as a point of clarity for you and everyone else who uses this forum, having your UDID registered to install the beta DOES NOT make it legal. You are not the owner of the SDK subscription, therefore you are not legally entitled to install it.

Ok... Halfway legal. :)
By apple's standards, I don't even own my iPad now.
And I only read the first sentence in your post. That's all I usually ever read. :D

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The WIndows version of redsn0w has now been updated to support IOS5 beta 1, as has sn0wbreeze. Both solutions are still TETHERED and are only recommended for developers of JB applications who have legitimate access to the IOS5 beta firmware :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
The WIndows version of redsn0w has now been updated to support IOS5 beta 1, as has sn0wbreeze. Both solutions are still TETHERED and are only recommended for developers of JB applications who have legitimate access to the IOS5 beta firmware :)

Ok. Mobile substrate still dead?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Ok. Mobile substrate still dead?

Well, you're jailbroken. You haven't seen an update for it in Cydia, have you? ;)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts