Ios11.

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Thomas1977, Sep 23, 2017.

1. NSquirrel

NSquirrel
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ios11 Updates from App Store. Has anyone noticed problems with updates from the app store? (Apart from having to ‘pull down’ to look for new updates.)

I updated 3 apps yesterday, and yet the icon on my home screen still showed 3 updates available all today; checking for updates actually revealed none. When I did my ‘ pull down’ late this afternoon, only 2 appeared and these sat on waiting to load for about an hour. I then did an iPad reset and found that all had been updated. On other days, updates have been downloaded and the apps run, while the app store shows it still in the process of downloading. This is not the first time this has happened and, allowing for update server load, I get the distinct feeling that something is not right in that dept. since going to ios11 and now 11.0.2

I would be interested to know if others have any comments wrt the above.

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I’ve noticed that upates don’t always show up when I open the App Store, but will usually show up if I pull down, as you said. If I leave them alone, they eventually download without me having to do anything (I have auto-updates turned on).

The App Store itself has bee a bit less stable than it was uner iOS 10. I have to force close and restart it now and then. I get the impression that the all new design still has a few quirks.

Hold in mind that I am still on the Public Beta, so my iOS 11 verson is slighly different

3. NSquirrel

NSquirrel
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Thanks twerppoet. I have auto updates turned off, so that I can see what is updated and when and so check fairly regularly.

4. Atindra

Atindra
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I too don’t like auto update but the manual control over update.

5. NSquirrel

NSquirrel
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I posted early in this thread, a couple of months ago, about a bug in Readdle Documents, which I understood they would correct. Perhaps understandably it has not been fixed yet, but I think I found the cause and I think that it may worth mentioning as the solution is straight forward.

If you use Safari to create a PDF, it automatically attaches the time and date to the name. Exporting to Documents is fine, but then exporting to a Windows Shared Drive fails. In the PDF name given by Safari, the time (seconds) has a colon ':' and that causes Windows (7 anyway) to reject the file. Delete the colon and all seems to be OK.