What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS07: can't see how to shut down running apps?

Macwhite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Holding down app icons on bottom line summary of open apps doesn't bring up a shaking icon to allow it to be closed down to save memory?

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Holding down app icons on bottom line summary of open apps doesn't bring up a shaking icon to allow it to be closed down to save memory?

Just push up the window

OP
M

Macwhite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:(
Just push up the window
Sorry, don't follow. As usual double clicking the control button brings up all the open apps along the bottom of the screen, but holding on them doesn't bring up the x to close them down as before?

iLoner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you double-tap the home button, you see the icons of your open apps.

You also see screenshots of your open apps.

Swipe the screenshots up to the top of the screen to close the app. :)

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:( Sorry, don't follow. As usual double clicking the control button brings up all the open apps along the bottom of the screen, but holding on them doesn't bring up the x to close them down as before?

Sorry I wasn't more clearer I was rushing the post at the time lol

As said by above poster.. You push up the window that's above the app icon after double tapping the home button

caroleshep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't more clearer I was rushing the post at the time lol As said by above poster.. You push up the window that's above the app icon after double tapping the home button

Use three fingers to swipe the app upwards. You don't need to press the home button twice.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I felt the need to add this. You don't really want to be shutting down apps all the time because it makes the system work harder. Shutting down an app means that the app has to start "from scratch" the next time it's launch and this requires more system resources. Manually killing an app should be reserved for an app that is not responding in its intended manner. Otherwise just let the system do its job and you'll find everything runs more smoothly.

sexycdn2006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I felt the need to add this. You don't really want to be shutting down apps all the time because it makes the system work harder. Shutting down an app means that the app has to start "from scratch" the next time it's launch and this requires more system resources. Manually killing an app should be reserved for an app that is not responding in its intended manner. Otherwise just let the system do its job and you'll find everything runs more smoothly.

I never knew this thanks for the input

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure if everyone knows this but once you get the running app tiles to show you can close three at a time by swiping three fingers upwards. Saves time from doing them one at a time with one finger swipe. Works great if you have a lot open.

Most reactions

Latest posts