What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS v4.3.1 Released!

ceebeegeebee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
personal hotspot 4.3.1 update

Hi since updating my iPad and iPhone4 i see that personal hotspot is now available, my iPad is WI FI ONLY, so does anyone know if i will be able to browse the internet on my iPad using my iphone personal hotspot, in a non 3G area? as i can browse the net on my iphone without 3G (slowly)

ctsluder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made a video with my iphone to show you this worked for me.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApZWySBEiC0[/ame]

Daniel Blystone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ceebeegeebee said:
Hi since updating my iPad and iPhone4 i see that personal hotspot is now available, my iPad is WI FI ONLY, so does anyone know if i will be able to browse the internet on my iPad using my iphone personal hotspot, in a non 3G area? as i can browse the net on my iphone without 3G (slowly)

I have my phone and iPad tethered quite a bit. It does seem to work in a non-3G area but just like on the phone, it is painfully slow.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
OK, multitouch seems to work. Now I have a question... When I use the five-finger close, and then open another app, when I four finger "browse" that app I just closed is there. Is it reopening? Or did it not really close?

Reaction score
slothead said:
OK, multitouch seems to work. Now I have a question... When I use the five-finger close, and then open another app, when I four finger "browse" that app I just closed is there. Is it reopening? Or did it not really close?

All the multitouch gestures can be performed with four and five fingers.

Not sure, whether I follow you completely. But the 4/5finger pinch works exactly the same way as a single press of the home button. So the app will minimize and move into a frozen state, but stay inside the RAM.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As mentioned, the five-finger pinch just returns you to the home screen (the same as if you pushed the home button) but it does not close the app.

The four finger swipe up opens the bottom screen showing which apps are open (the same as a double-press of the home screen button).

The four finger swipe left/right just switches between apps. (Once you reach the last app open the image will stretch momentarily and shake to indicate that there are no more apps open in that direction.)

Apps have to be closed the same way as they are now...access the bottom screen, touch and hold one of the apps until it starts shaking and the circled X appears in the upper LH corner...press the X on the app or apps you want to close.

Hope that helps!

Most reactions

Latest posts