What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS update ??

gnurotic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far I have seen news of two iOS updates--4.3.4 and 4.3.5.

How do I update the os on my iPad ? It does not seem to update itself and I don't see anything about this in the app store or iTunes.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you have iTunes in your pc or Mac (recommended to have the latest version) then after you connect the iPad the computer in iTunes you should get a message about the update. If not click in the left column to select your device and in the main scree click the button to check for updates.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311628762.537424.jpg

Here is a sample of the button

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is safer to choose the download only option, especially if you have a slow internet connection. And once started you can disconnect and continue to use your iPad, finishing the update later when it is convenient.

jameshobson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.tatvasoft.co.uk
Follow below steps to update iOS through iTunes:

Step 1: Connect your device to iTunes using the USB cable.
Step 2: Once iTunes has detected your device, click on the device name in the left hand menu and click on the "Check for Update" in the device description box.
Step 3: Apple will show you a popup message as seen above if an update for your device is available. Click on the "Download and Update" button.
Step 4: Apple will download the iOS 4.3 update and install it on your device. It is important that you DO NOT disconnect the device from the computer during the process. It is also recommended to keep your computer plugged in to the power outlet during the process.

That’s it. The process might take around 10-30 minutes depending on how long it takes to download the update to your computer and install it. Once iOS 4.3 is installed, iTunes will sync your device and you can use it again.

Most reactions

Latest posts