What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS Update Notifications

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
Have one of those newer IPADS. Version 5? Came out in March of 2017 I think.

Anyway, I never get notified when theirs an IOS update, like this latest one. My wife has an air 2 and always gets a 1 or something in the “settings” icon or an e-mail.

I have to go into the settings section and check for updates!
Something turned off?

Had this same problem with my old IPAD 2. Maybe I transferred the problem to this new one??
Thanks, Ken

Dakotapix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get lots of my IOS upgrade news right here on this forum. Folks here are pretty tuned in.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Have one of those newer IPADS. Version 5? Came out in March of 2017 I think.

Anyway, I never get notified when theirs an IOS update, like this latest one. My wife has an air 2 and always gets a 1 or something in the “settings” icon or an e-mail.

I have to go into the settings section and check for updates!
Something turned off?

Had this same problem with my old IPAD 2. Maybe I transferred the problem to this new one??
Thanks, Ken
You see that red update button on the Settings icon after an iOS update has been downloaded and is waiting for the user to install it. If the iPad is on WiFi, asleep and connected to a charger, the update will download and wait for you to install it. This is when that red button shows on the Settings icon.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Scifan57,
However, as I mentioned above......there is never a red 1, update button or anything in/on my “settings” icon......ever.
My wife’s........yes. I ask her every so often if there’s any updates.....like this last one.11.2.5.
The IPAD2 did the same thing......Ken

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Scifan57,
However, as I mentioned above......there is never a red 1, update button or anything in/on my “settings” icon......ever.
My wife’s........yes. I ask her every so often if there’s any updates.....like this last one.11.2.5.
The IPAD2 did the same thing......Ken
What happens when you manually check for an iOS update?

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Ken - I'm assuming that you've already check in Settings -> iTunes & App Store to see what options are activated - below is the dialog page on my iPad Air 2; also, look at Notifications in Settings -> App Store (all of mine are on there) - Dave :)
IMG_2423.PNG

Last edited:
OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Dave,
If I manually check for an update.....after my wife tells me their is one, I can load it normally.

I have had everything “on” as per your screen shot.
Their was something I found on Google about this problem.....something in “notifications” that I turned on a week ago. Will see what happens when the next update rolls around......Thanks!! Ken

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Dave,
If I manually check for an update.....after my wife tells me their is one, I can load it normally.

I have had everything “on” as per your screen shot.
Their was something I found on Google about this problem.....something in “notifications” that I turned on a week ago. Will see what happens when the next update rolls around......Thanks!! Ken

OK Ken - will await your next post - good luck! Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts