iOS notifications on iPad (and iPhone)

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by verbalj, Feb 11, 2013.

1. verbalj

verbalj iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I remember hearing that with iOS 6 if you received a notification on one device, if you have that same app on another device, and you cleared that notification there, the notification will clear from the other device.

For example, if I received a notification on my iPad saying it's my turn in Words with Friends, and I decide to play it on my iPhone (it's installed on both), the notification will clear from my iPad.

I'm bringing this up because that's not the case on my iPhone/iPad on 6.1. Was it just a rumor or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Here's a couple of links so that you all don't think I'm making this up lol

Apple Finally Fixes How Annoying Notifications Across Multiple Devices Are In iOS 6 | Cult of Mac

Here's What's New in Notifications in iOS 6
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,180 / 1
    It is hard to judge this, since I've never made a special point of noticing, but:

In general, no. There is no iOS level cleaning up of notifications. That doesn't seem to have changed in iOS 6.1.

There may be specific apps that will clear notifications. This is where I'm not sure. I seem to remember something along these lines happening a couple times, for specific apps, after that app is opened on the second device it clears it's out of date notifications from the center; but I could be wrong.
  3. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    From your first link (bold is mine)

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Tahoma, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Word with friends is not a stock app, they are talking about mail, reminders etc. I don't know if it is fixed for this but its definitely not meant to be fixed for third party apps. [/FONT]
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,180 / 1
    Ooohh, ouch, I'm wrong then.

Guess I should have read the links, but I don't remember even seeing them. Oh well, I needed a reminder to double check my facts. This always seem to happen when I don't :eek:

I think I'll go for a walk. Maybe that will wake me up.