What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS Malware

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I recently started getting this popup when I launch an app. It has happened on different apps, not just this one. I never see any followup. Is my iPad at risk here? If so, what should I do? No update appears in the app store---or within the app.

Attachments

• IMG_0890.PNG
    IMG_0890.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 323

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I recently started getting this popup when I launch an app. It has happened on different apps, not just this one. I never see any followup. Is my iPad at risk here? If so, what should I do? No update appears in the app store---or within the app.

Hello Tuttle - this is not malware, but actually a message from Apple put into iOS 10.x - I have the same battery app and get the identical popup (and have on other apps) - as stated, Apple is telling you that the app generating the message needs to be 'updated' by the developer to optimally interact w/ the newest iOS software - here is one Discussion. Dave :)

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One drawback is that the message seems to show only once. I have now forgotten which apps should be updated, or perhaps discarded or replaced as the developer has gone.

Is there anyway to get a list of such apps?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a way of finding out when each of your apps was last updated but it involves going to the listing for an app in the App Store and checking the description under version history for the last update date. This can be cumbersome if you have many apps on your iPhone. The quickest way of accessing the apps is to go to your purchase history in the App Store app and tap on an app icon, which opens the app listing. When you're finished with an app, tap on the page outside the box which dismisses it and you can then select the next app to check.

Last edited:

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. What this does not show is whether the app is a 32 bit and would hence bring up the warning message, which is what I was after.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. What this does not show is whether the app is a 32 bit and would hence bring up the warning message, which is what I was after.
You're right about that but there's no way to tell directly which apps are 32 bit. An app that hasn't been updated for a few years is more likely to be a 32 bit app.

Wing rider

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I see this message rather frequently as one of the apps I have to use at work on my iPhone 6+, which is also provided by my employer, never gets updated as often as the iPhone IOS.

Most reactions

Latest posts