What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS Cloning, is this possible?

Steven UK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is probably a long shot, but as my iPad mini 1 has been killed by the IOS 8 update, I am wondering if the following is possible.

I have an iphone 5 on IOS 6 ( works absolutely perfectly )

I have an iPad mini 1st gen on IOS 8 ( absolute garbage since the update )

Is it possible to clone the iPhone's IOS 6 and put it onto the iPad mini ?

Maybe using something like this, or similar

http://imazing.com/features/ios-backup-restore

Long shot, as already said, but apart from smashing this now useless iPad mini 1 against a wall in frustration at how useless it has become since the update, I am running out of ideas. I used to love this iPad mini on IOS 6, now I hate using it.

Thanks.

(And just making this simple post on this iPad mini was a feat in itself, I have had to make at least 12 corrections).

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is probably a long shot, but as my iPad mini 1 has been killed by the IOS 8 update, I am wondering if the following is possible.

I have an iphone 5 on IOS 6 ( works absolutely perfectly )

I have an iPad mini 1st gen on IOS 8 ( absolute garbage since the update )

Is it possible to clone the iPhone's IOS 6 and put it onto the iPad mini ?

Maybe using something like this, or similar

http://imazing.com/features/ios-backup-restore

Long shot, as already said, but apart from smashing this now useless iPad mini 1 against a wall in frustration at how useless it has become since the update, I am running out of ideas. I used to love this iPad mini on IOS 6, now I hate using it.

Thanks.

(And just making this simple post on this iPad mini was a feat in itself, I have had to make at least 12 corrections).
I'm afraid not. The download files for all the previous iOS versions are available but only the latest version for a particular device is useful as the last part of the iOS installation process is an online verification with Apple servers. Unless Apple is still signing a particular iOS version, the installation will fail the verification process and won't install.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Besides, the iOS versions are tailored for each device. The version for the iPhone won't work on an iPad, even if you could get around all the other road blocks.

Most reactions

Latest posts