What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS can install FireFox?

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
found firefox not support. is it real? if without that safari, which APP can help? (IE / Opera) any advice please!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
found firefox not support. is it real? if without that safari, which APP can help? (IE / Opera) any advice please!
it is real, the Firefox browser does not run on iOS devices. This is because Mozilla, the parent company of Firefox will not agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set by Apple for apps in the App Store.

Last edited:
OP
P

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks. only choice that safari/ or google chrome. no more choice? if prefer that google, how to fully deleted that safari ? and that FLASH video plug-in, is it support?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't delete Safari. It's a built in app, it's one of the apps that come with the iPad and can't be deleted, just hidden. To hide Safari, you'll need to enable restrictions. Go to Settings (the app), there select General and scroll down to Restrictions. Enter your passcode. If you didn't set up a passcode for Restrictions, you'll need to do it now. Then disable Safari. This means to slide the button until it's not coloured. It should look like this:
image.jpg

There are a few browsers that you can use for the iPad. Just go to the App Store and search for "browser". You'll certainly get many results from which to choose. Afaik Puffin supports Adobe Flash, Photon is another browser that supports Flash.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Atomic browser is a good alternative to safari. But as others have pointed out, you can't delete safari.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just switched to LastPass to manage my password collection, and was happy to discover that the Mercury browser has a plugin that inserts login data from the LastPass database with one tap. I don't even need to copy/paste. Mercury keeps looking better and better to me.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Witention

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple does not allow Mozilla to use their own Browsing engine, which means the true Firefox cant be built on ios due to Apple's tough restrictions.

Most reactions

Latest posts