What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 9.3 Is Available

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Started the AppleWatch update too, which means I'm on the forum using my iMac for the first time in months.

The iPad Pro's OTA size was 293 MB (or there abouts) for those keeping track. I forgot to look a the AppleWatch's update size, but I doubt it was very big.

Watch update actually took me by surprise but did it after update to iPhone and iPad. Went smoothly and quickly.

Wing rider

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just finished updating OTA which ran perfectly. Now I gotta dig into the changes and see what's what.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A heads up for any iPhone owners that also own an Apple Watch, the iPhone must be updated to iOS 9.3 before the watchOS 2.2 update becomes available.

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sir I m use iPad 4 wifi, second I like to add since I got my iPad I do my all updates OTA but will miss update between iOS 8 to 9 on that forum advice me also teach me to updated via PC. So now I want ask 2 things 1st that how I update OTA or.... 2nd before when update released I notified with red 1 update sign but no that time.

Now should I go with OTA or iTunes.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now should I go with OTA or iTunes.
You can do it either way but if there's a possibility of problems with your internet connection it's better to do the update through iTunes. Only after iTunes downloads a verified copy of the update will it install it on your iPad.

brownargus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just updated my iPad2 to 9.3. When it is started now, the welcome screen won't slide to the right. The screen just goes blank. I restarted the iPad but it still happened. From the blank screen I can eventually get the Welcome screen to slide and then insert my passcode. Has anyone else experienced this problem since installing iOS9.3?

spamnchips

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad Air which I purchased new in May 2014. Every update and new IOS has installed without a glitch except 9.3. Installation took place yesterday and the iPad told me that everything was OK. It then went to the activate screen and showed me an Apple ID which is not mine and refused to accept my proper Apple ID. Looking on the internet this seems to be a common complaint from lots of people. A long phone call to Apple Support (or should they be renamed Apple Obstruct) has resulted in me having to provide a copy of the purchase note including cost and serial number. I understand about security of data and property but if I was a crook I am sure I would have found away around all this activation crap by now. Next time I'll buy an Android tablet and I have scrapped plans for iPhone 6S too !!

OP
cruiser111

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Update seems to work well. Heard that battery usage is significantly increased. Looking forward to verifying that.
The Night Shift is great!
As usual, Apple seems to have done another excellent job with an update.

ETA: By the way, starting with iPad 2 in 2012, have done every update OTA with no problems. Always do the download in the room with the modem and router. Also try to remember to do a speed test first.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad Air which I purchased new in May 2014. Every update and new IOS has installed without a glitch except 9.3. Installation took place yesterday and the iPad told me that everything was OK. It then went to the activate screen and showed me an Apple ID which is not mine and refused to accept my proper Apple ID. Looking on the internet this seems to be a common complaint from lots of people. A long phone call to Apple Support (or should they be renamed Apple Obstruct) has resulted in me having to provide a copy of the purchase note including cost and serial number. I understand about security of data and property but if I was a crook I am sure I would have found away around all this activation crap by now. Next time I'll buy an Android tablet and I have scrapped plans for iPhone 6S too !!
I'm sorry you had problems updating your iPad. The Activation Lick problem which you experienced with your iPad was designed as a theft deterrent and so far it has not been successfully bypassed.
This is why Apple has to know beyond any doubt that the iPad is your property before they'll fix the Activation Lock problem.

spamnchips

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry you had problems updating your iPad. The Activation Lick problem which you experienced with your iPad was designed as a theft deterrent and so far it has not been successfully bypassed.
This is why Apple has to know beyond any doubt that the iPad is your property before they'll fix the Activation Lock problem.

I am happy with the knowledge that my property will be safeguarded by a caring organisation but, when their software corrupts the ownership Apple ID information, I am then considered a crook and have to leap through hoops to prove ownership. It is a good idea that I bought the hardware via Amazon and can get at the invoice as I don't normally keep receipts longer than the warranty period.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For anyone purchasing their device directly from Apple, from their online store or retail store, the purchase is registered in your name so that Apple already knows that you're the original owner.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I updated 2 iPads and 1 iPhone with no problems. I usually wait longer after a release to update but I didn't. One thing I noticed, my iPad mini 2 runs noticeably smother on 9.3. Everything works better including the keyboard track pad feature which I use a lot. :)

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
II updated my iPad Air a little while ago. I noticed when my iPad came up into the first boot, it was in Spanish. I had to wait until the English screen appeared. This is strange since I'm in Canada. I could see French, but there isn't a lot of Spanish spoken here :)

Anyone else have their device say 'Hola' when it first booted after the upgrade?

Also.. I guess it's a personal thing, but I really don't like the night shift. Good thing it can be turned off. :)

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some confusion I connect iPad with PC but by mistake its wifi on now when I login iTunes and update in PC after 5min I discount my iPad without know it wifi open. Now when I check on iPad it show updated up to 9.2.1. Now the question is at left side setting/general, 1 update sign show but nothing to update I made hard restart but sign is there?

Most reactions

Latest posts