What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 9.3.5 on iPad - denied App store ?

greenstead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad says its OS is fully up to date with 9.3.5.

If I try to open the App store it says you must have V10.

I can't have V10. I can't download apps. Does not compute. Apple have cut me off?

What do I do? Use my iPad as a door stop???

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some Apps may only run on IOS 10, but the App Store itself runs on the previous version. You could try force quitting the App Store. Double tap the Home button to show all your open Apps - then swipe upwards on the App Store one.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The App Store is built into iOS and can't be separately updated. Try Jupiter 7's suggestions and let us know how it goes.

OP
G

greenstead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The App Store is built into iOS and can't be separately updated. Try Jupiter 7's suggestions and let us know how it goes.

Thanks very much - yr advice worked...got into app store. Well done!!
Of course since latest app updates are made for V10 u don't get offered them on a 9.3.5 iPad

Interestingly (not) 40 mins chatting with Apple support did not advise this. Just put yr iPad 3 in the bin and go buy a new one.
Thanks Apple...yr getting like MS.

Most reactions