What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 9.3.5 on iPad 3 [edited August 26, 2016]

How is your experience with iOS 9.1 on the iPad 3?

• Good

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Difference

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OP
F

funpig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far after about one day test, noticeable change in performance with iOS 9.3, namely still as good as before.

Some yahoo sites seem to load even better than before (have not noticed any delays which sometimes happened before on some web pages).

Have not tested any of the new features because i do not have any use for them. It would have been nice to have the night display which is only available for the newer 64 bit iPads.

Battery usage is still very good. About 12 hours usage with about 24 hours standby to go from 100% to 0%. During a straight 8 hour standby, only lost about 4% so very little battery drain.

EDIT: When fully charged to 100% and left it on standby for over 9 hours over night, the battery level remained at 100%. I actually suspect that Apple has designed the battery level indicator to lag a bit at the beginning to overstate how good the battery performance actually is after it has been fully charged. There have been times when i have used the iPad over 30 minutes before the level drops from 100%. On my other tablet, it drops to 99% almost as soon as I unplug it. Nevertheless, the total battery performance of this old iPad 3 on 9.3 remains excellent. PS I do not run any social network apps like facebook or twitter etc. I only use this ipad to pull emails when i want to see them and stay logged off the rest of the time because this is the family ipad which is used by everybody at home. My usage is mostly for Safari internet usage and watching videos on youtube or netflix.

Last edited:
OP
F

funpig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated the iPad 3 to iOS 9.3.2 two days ago.

I had waited a couple weeks because i had read this update could brick certain devices ie iPad Pro's. I waited to see if there were any reviews of the iOS for the iPad 3. No news is good news, I guess.

Anyways, no problems so far. Speed is the same as before, namely, good. Battery performance may have even improved. For example, after full charge, 43 hours standby and 4.5 hours (mostly Safari) usage, the level is still at 75%. No appreciable drop in battery level while on standby over night.

sssaal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,:)
ios 10 will be lunched this fall! and ipad 3 is not supported.:( This is our last chance to upgrade to ios 9.3.3!
SOULAD WE DO IT??? :cool:
(I have an ipad 3 (GSM) running ios 6!o_O)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys,:)
ios 10 will be lunched this fall! and ipad 3 is not supported.:( This is our last chance to upgrade to ios 9.3.3!
SOULAD WE DO IT??? :cool:
(I have an ipad 3 (GSM) running ios 6!o_O)
If you're the owner of an iOS device that won't be getting the iOS 10 update, you'll always be able to update to the latest version of iOS 9, even after the public release of iOS 10. Apple will not stop signing iOS 9 for those devices that can't update to iOS 10. There's no rush to update to the latest version of iOS 9 before the public release of iOS 10.

sssaal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should I update my ipad 3 (16 GB wifi+cellural with ios 6.1) to ios 9.3.3???:cool:
Is there any body updated his or her ipad 3 to ios 9.3.3???o_O
Advantages?? :)
Disadvantages??:(

OP
F

funpig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated my iPad 3 (wifi only 16GB) to iOS 9.3.3 on the weekend.

No issues. No difference from 9.3.2 as far as I can tell.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I updated my iPad 3 (wifi only 16GB) to iOS 9.3.3 on the weekend.

No issues. No difference from 9.3.2 as far as I can tell.

Congrats! :) Appears that may be your last upgrade (see quote below from HERE), unless Apple comes out w/ another iOS 9.x update. Dave

Will my iPad get iOS 10?
Will your iPad be able to update to iOS 10? Not if you've got an iPad 2 or iPad 3, or an iPad mini 1, all of which have just dropped off the list this year.

Here are all the iPads that can get iOS 10:
  • iPad 4, iPad Air 1, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch
  • iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4

OP
F

funpig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated to 9.3.4 a few days ago. Yada yada yada. Nothing unusual to report.

OP
F

funpig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just updated to 9.3.5 a few minutes ago. This is supposed to be a very important security patch. I did not have any issues with 9.3.4. I wil report back if there are any problems.

OP
F

funpig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been on 9.3.5 for almost a day. No battery drain and battery usage is still excellent. Performance seems to be the same. Possibly ever so slight slowing in downloading webpages, but i am not completely sure. I just discovered Spotify and have been streaming music to a bluetooth speaker while i browse. So a lot of things are going on while i use the ipad.

OP
F

funpig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
9.3.5 report: Battery performance is very good. Currently, the battery reads 50% after 7.5 hours of usage and 85 hours of standby. I use it mostly for browsing at about 20% brightness and sometimes with spotify in the background. No games during these sessions and occassional streamed video (youtube or yahoo).

I verified by Speedtest. that download speed is definitely affected by Spotify. With spotify off, my download is about 15 mbps. With spotify on, the download speed drops to about 3 mbps. Makes sense.

All my other apps appear to work normally without freezes, reboots or lags.

Still happy with this old iPad and regular updates from apple. I don't think there has been any significant new features in the last year, but it is nice to know that we still get security patches ansd support for this 4 year old device.

I have a Galaxy Tab which is the same vintage as the iPad 3. I never got one update from Samsung in Canada. I updated it once by downloading one official rom from the United Kingdom more than 2.5 years ago. Lately, i have been testing the latest unofficial custom roms from an XDA developer. You just have to put your faith and trust that the custom rom safe. Fun to play around with an updated OS, but very buggy and randomly reboots. Fortunately, i can restore to my stable version when i get tired of the glitches.

Last edited:

sssaal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I updated my ipad 3 (16GB+3G) to ios 9.3.3! Everything was OK BUT:
I can not use my vga and Hdmi cables to connect to a projection anymore!!!!:(:(:(:(

"This accessory is not supported by this iPad"

I used them in my classes to teach when I was working my ipad with ios 6.o_Oo_Oo_O
I don't want to buy new cables!!
Any help???? Any suggestion??:)
why I can not see the airplay in control panel???
why apple behave like this!!!!!!????:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Most reactions

Latest posts