What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 9.0.1 slowwwww

jon229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
v9 is a lot slower than v8 was. I tried some tips I found at various sites but still find iPad slower than it was. My 2¢.

Jon

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found it made mine much snapper. I also found swiping old screens off and doing a hard restart gets rid of the petty little problems and speeds things up again. I do that at least once a day.
On edit: when I did first down load 9 I wasn't impressed. Did a hard restart and it was up and running.

OP
J

jon229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx. I've already tried closing extra screens & fresh starts. Still drags more than l expected. Maybe only 32 GB ram part of problem. Starting to think about upgrade to iPad Pro after the initial rush of excitement dies down.

bnb69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After I updated, not only is my IPad slower, but it crashes during games and forums. I've hard started it 4 or 5 times now to no avail. Is there some fix or just wait?

Mikel Bones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 just about stopped with iOS 9. Then iOS 9.1 seemed to fix everything but Safari. Other apps okay. Safari is almost unusable. I get my mail through a gmail app and it's fine. My wife logs on to gmail in Safari and she can't make it work. Screens keep saying "problem, reloading screen".

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Same here. Seems quite a bit slower both online and the applications themselves.

I'm getting a similar "loading page" error but strangely enough only on the iPad forum.

OP
J

jon229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here, loading page error w/ iPad forum. I have not seen that message on other sites in Safari

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've had problems with the forum website in the past. Clearing data and history in Settings > Safari usually clears it up for me. On an iPad 2, this may be less effective, since the issue seems to be related to RAM.

Still might be worth a try.

harry.ward

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ditto Safari unusable as web pages keep reloading

Any news of any initiative from Apple to solve this problem?

Mikel Bones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here. Seems quite a bit slower both online and the applications themselves.

I'm getting a similar "loading page" error but strangely enough only on the iPad forum.
I can't use the forum app in either my iPad or iPhone. When I start it I get an error message about parsing, then it just stays "Loading" forever. Obviously, using the forum through Safari works fine on my iPhone.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't use the forum app in either my iPad or iPhone. When I start it I get an error message about parsing, then it just stays "Loading" forever. Obviously, using the forum through Safari works fine on my iPhone.
If you prefer using an app to access this forum, try Tapatalk.

The iPadForums app, which was available until this forum's software upgrade, can't be used any more to access iPadForums.

harry.ward

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J A

Just to confirm then, as you made no comment on the speed issue, version 9.0.2 is slower on iPad 2 and in my case with a none too fast internet connection pages will continue to reload?

My wife has an iPad mini 3 and it works well on 9.0.2 and the sites I have problems with so the subtle message might be UPGRADE to a newer iPad, or am being cynical?;)

shay31331

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I upgraded to 9.3.1 my iPad is more of a paper weight. The on / off button doesn't work the home button goes to home when it gets ready too and apps will not close out Please help me

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if you could rephrase ... "the home button goes to home when it gets ready too..." A bit cryptic that for someone intending to assist you.;)
Were you trying to reset (reboot) your iPad after the system update: a good thing to do in such a case?
Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts