What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 8 is now Installed on 60% of iPhones and iPads

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
ios-8-adoption-01.png

Apple's most recent iOS 8 software has been said to roll out to Apple users much slower than last year's iOS 7. But new data shows that iOS 8 is now installed on around 60% of iOS devices.

The data is collected from App Store visits on November 24 and is up from the 55% of devices iOS 8 was on when Apple last checked in early this month.

While iOS 8 may lag to iOS 7's numbers from last year, it's still much better than the Android rivals. Back in October, around 54% of Android users were running Android Jelly Bean, which was first released in 2012 and only 25% were running the latest Android KitKat release.

A recent version of iOS 8.1 has been plagued with a good number of bugs and glitches, so that must have kept away many iPhone and iPad owners. But Apple has patched pretty much all the major faults, so this could predict an even bigger increase for iOS 8.

What about you - what are you running on your iPhone or iPad?
Source: Apple

GDsunshine

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello good evening radutyrsina I'm new to the forum member since nov 2, both of my iDevices running iOS 8.1.1 iPad Air and iPhone 6 .[emoji4]

Jax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have 8.0 on both iPhone5 and iPad Air. Works great and I see no need to risk 8.1.1. If no other problems are reported in a month or so, I will probably load 1.1

Spencerdl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm running iOS8.1.1 on my 5s and Air2, but my Wife is one of the 40%, she refuses to update her 5s. She claims her 5s does enough for her now, no need to add anything.....MEH....LOL

Spencerdl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm running iOS8.1.1 on my 5s and Air2, but my Wife is one of the 40%, she refuses to update her 5s. She claims her 5s does enough for her now, no need to add anything.....MEH....LOL
YES...I've tried talking her into updating...LOL

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
We have 8.0 on both iPhone5 and iPad Air. Works great and I see no need to risk 8.1.1. If no other problems are reported in a month or so, I will probably load 1.1

8.1.1 is considerably less risky than 8.0 was. It's composed almost entirely fixes that were applied to 8.0. The only real new thing added was Apple Pay. It also has several security updates.

Unless you are planing to jailbreak, you should update. The risk is very low.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
8.1.1 is considerably less risky than 8.0 was. It's composed almost entirely fixes that were applied to 8.0. The only real new thing added was Apple Pay. It also has several security updates.

Unless you are planing to jailbreak, you should update. The risk is very low.

Agreed. The latest update took care of some niggling issues and whatever else. They do still need another update though. There are still some little bugs present. Overall it's stable though.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't upgraded to any of the eights because my iPad three is too full and I'm worried the upgrade will put it over the edge. Last time I went to the apple store they said to take all my books off so that I could keep my pictures. My iPad 3 only has 32 whatever's.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't upgraded to any of the eights because my iPad three is too full and I'm worried the upgrade will put it over the edge. Last time I went to the apple store they said to take all my books off so that I could keep my pictures. My iPad 3 only has 32 whatever's.
If you connect your iPad to iTunes on your computer you can do the upgrade without having to free up all that storage space on your iPad.

himanshupant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very wary of updating my iPhone 4S or iPad 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions