IOS 8.1 notification center

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Husq250, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Husq250

Husq250
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Hello, i have a little issue in IOS 8.1 notification center not showing enough reminders. It will only list approximately 4, and show "and 15 more" when i need it to show all of them like IOS 7 did. I have selected to show 20.

Suggestions?

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I don't get enough notifications to see this, and I don't think I've got anything beyond 'show 5' anyway.

So, this is speculative. If you tap where it says "15 More" does it then show the 15 more?

One thing you can try is Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This defaults a lot of settings like wallpaper, sounds, etc. I'm not sure how it affects Notifications, but if it resets them (as it hopefully should) then you can go back and re-tweak to see if it fixed the issue.

Reset All Settings will not erase any content, apps, or change your account settings.

3. Husq250

Husq250
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for your reply. It does not show more than 4 regardless of what I select. When I installed IOS 8.1 i did both hard reset and reset all settings to help sort th new software out. No change.

This will be a bummer if i cannot get it to show all.

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    What app and/or apps have you set to show 20?

5. Husq250

Husq250
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Well here I tried 10 for the stock reminders app and calendars 5.

**I'll have to make 2 posts on this. One with text and one with screen shots. Safari is too glitchy to arrange it the way I want.

6. Husq250

Husq250
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg

That was kinda difficult. Safari doesn't seem to want to behave.

I've been looking into this a bit. It seem s this is the ways IOS 8 is right now. Several people not too happy with this.

7. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    You are looking at the Today view. Swipe over to the Notification view (or tap the Notification tab). I'm pretty sure that's the view that is controlled by the "Show in Notification Center" setting.

Also, try the Edit command at the bottom of the Today view. Calendar 5 may have a widget that will offer more control over what you can see. Fantastical 2 (what I use) does.

A quick tip for Reminders. Tell Siri "Show me my Reminders" and you'll get a complete, checkable, list. Or you can ask Siri to show you a specific list, like "Show me my Shopping list."

For Calendar, you can ask Siri to "Show me my appointments". That gets you today. Asking Siri to "Show me all appointments this month (or week)", gets you that. This will only work if you are using Calendar 5 synced with the native Calendar app.

8. Husq250

Husq250
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    The notification view does not show the reminders like the today views do that I've always used in IOS 7. It probably would if I set an alarm. I believe it's a change made in IOS 8 from 7 and I will have to get used to it. Thanks for trying.

9. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    True, Notification Center only shows notifications, not contents. Which means in order for a notification to show up it must have a due date the same as or older than the current date.

No due date, no notification.

I don't remember what the Today view used to show, since I've never used it that way.

10. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I did just little playing around, to see if I understood things correctly. I didn't. I can't get anymore to show up that you did. And they only show up in the Today tab, no matter what I do.

Also, my Fantastical widget has the same four item limit. It's never been an issue for me, because I almost never have more than four items in a day. Except when the reoccurring bills roll through, and I don't deal with those in the Notification Center.

Sorry.