What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since the upgrade I can't use the calendar. I click + enter my appt then click done. Nothing appears! Any solution? Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

I downloaded another calendar app, Pocket Life, and as if by magic, all my appointments have now synced between my iPad and iPhone on the OS calendar!

I'm just glad I now have syncing calendars but if anyone can explain why that made it work, please do tell me.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I seem to have lost siri on my ipad since the upgrade! Nothing in settings, general either.

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have googled the answer, it was turned off under general, restrictions.

Now working ok.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That sounds drastic. The silly thing is, I know the data is in the calendar because it comes up, when due, in the notification centre. It just doesn't appear physically on the calendar.

Someone may have covered this already, but you might look to see if you have more than 1 calendar and the one your reminder is in is not checked. Open the calendar app, top left is a button (earlier iOS, but location may have changed in 7) marked Calendar, tap that and make sure all your calendars are selected (have a check next to them).

ashley69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a a problem with some of my historical entries on my calendar missing. ( not all of them)
They appear on my iPhone and on my mac but not on my iPad.
I have checked my calendar settings and everything appears to be ticked ok.
Thanks
Ash

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a a problem with some of my historical entries on my calendar missing. ( not all of them)
They appear on my iPhone and on my mac but not on my iPad.
I have checked my calendar settings and everything appears to be ticked ok.
Thanks
Ash

In the Mail, Contact, Calendars tab in your Settings app, you have it set to sync All Events? As mine is set that way and I see all my "stuff" all the way back to 2010 (IOW, I can't duplicate your issue and my iPad on iOS 7 appears to work), maybe it's time for a restart or reset of the iPad. To do (apologies if you know):

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears. Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Hopefully, that'll take care of it.

Marilyn

ashley69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the Mail, Contact, Calendars tab in your Settings app, you have it set to sync All Events? As mine is set that way and I see all my "stuff" all the way back to 2010 (IOW, I can't duplicate your issue and my iPad on iOS 7 appears to work), maybe it's time for a restart or reset of the iPad. To do (apologies if you know): Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. If that doesn't help, try this last step... Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears. Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear. Hopefully, that'll take care of it. Marilyn

Thanks for the reply.
I've tried all these but no joy. Obviously a little bug somewhere.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I've tried all these but no joy. Obviously a little bug somewhere.
Are all the calendars you need enabled in Calendar (the app)?

Also: go to Settings - iCloud, and turn off Calendars. Make sure all the iCloud events disappeared from the app. Then enable it again.

Last edited:

Bartholemew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now, all the birthdays from my FB account are showing up in my calendar (never happened before). The privacy settings are set properly and I don't allow the calendar and FB to link. Anyone have a clue?

ashley69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are all the calendars you need enabled in Calendar (the app)? Also: go to Settings - iCloud, and turn off Calendars. Make sure all the iCloud events disappeared from the app. Then enable it again.

Turned off calendars in iCloud and turned it back on again. That worked a treat. Thanks. All entries back on line.

PhantomTempest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
H E L L L L P!!!

Plz how do I close an already running app...iOS 7 (tried clicking and holding buh nothing happened)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
H E L L L L P!!! Plz how do I close an already running app...iOS 7 (tried clicking and holding buh nothing happened)
Double click the home button or use the 4 finger up swipe to reveal the multitasking bar. Select the app you want to close and swipe up on the thumbnail above the app icon. The app will now be closed.

image-4289436895.jpg

Most reactions